The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ECU Question

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    partyman09

ECU Question

Ok im building up my 2.4L with a compelete eagle roatating assembly rated at 600+hp(made for an evo 8).The jp pistons are forged at .20 over for a 4g64. Throwing on an evo 8 head,evo 8 fuel injectors/rail and basicly everything else evo 8. It will also be turbo charged with either a full HKS set up or a full Garret set up. Now can i put in the evo 8 ecu or what can i do with mine? I was told i could get a custom one made up but i dont want to spend thousands to do this. Any ideas what i should do with my ECU?

BTW im not a ecu kinda guy thats why im asking Thanks

i was reading up on post about this, i think the guys were talking about using a 3G Eclipse ECU and flashing it, or use the Evo ECU. If you do end up using the 3G/EVO 8 ECU, you would need to change the wiring harness on our 8g to match it with the 3G/EVO 8 ecu. Assuming you are talking about our 8G galant. Though i'm not to sure why they ended up using the 3G ECu instead of our own ECU instead, and flash it that way. o_O maybe someone can chime in on bout this.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    For the wiring harness cant we use the end of the wiring harness to a 3g and wire it up to the stock harness of a 8g and plug it in the evo ECU?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    If you call up Boomslang, and tell them what your trying to do, they will sell you a conversion harness to plug into your connectors and then plug into a 3g/EVO ECU. Depened on what parts/setup you run, you may or may not get a check engine light, go over on club3g there is a ton of info on this topic, look for posts by FlashBlueRS
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS