The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wobbly deck and speaker harnesses

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

wobbly deck and speaker harnesses 2002 ES

Forgive me, I am new here and to the galant, but my I threw a pioneer HU I had laying around into my GF's 2002. I mounted it using the hardware from the OEM deck, but its still wobbling around. Also, the standard trim ring from the deck wouldnt fit around the radio in the cut out, so you can see some of the metal. Is there a trick I missed?

Also, does anyone have the model # for the speaker harness? She wants speakers now, go figure. TIA.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgold47 View Post
    Forgive me, I am new here and to the galant, but my I threw a pioneer HU I had laying around into my GF's 2002. I mounted it using the hardware from the OEM deck, but its still wobbling around. Also, the standard trim ring from the deck wouldnt fit around the radio in the cut out, so you can see some of the metal. Is there a trick I missed?

Also, does anyone have the model # for the speaker harness? She wants speakers now, go figure. TIA.
    there isn't a speaker harness. as far as the radio goes, you don't use the trim ring around the radio. and the only way it mounts is using the factory brackets and then make sure you reconnect the 10mm bolt on the back of the left bracket when reinstalling.

I am guessing you have the same OEM setup as the 2001 G's. Get a picture posted so we can see what you have done so far. You should'nt have needed to by anything other then a wireing harness to install an after market radio. Also as for speakers being placed in the car either the 6 3/4 or the 6x9's I would just cut and splice the speakers into the stock wireing. Just make sure you get the negitive and positive wires correct.

And the cars trim will need to be trimmed up a bit if you want it to look professionally installed.

Quote Originally Posted by 01blackG View Post
    I am guessing you have the same OEM setup as the 2001 G's. Get a picture posted so we can see what you have done so far. You should'nt have needed to by anything other then a wireing harness to install an after market radio. Also as for speakers being placed in the car either the 6 3/4 or the 6x9's I would just cut and splice the speakers into the stock wireing. Just make sure you get the negitive and positive wires correct.

And the cars trim will need to be trimmed up a bit if you want it to look professionally installed.
    The only issue he might have with the speakers is if it is the infinity system.

As far as trimming the trim ring, most radios will sit almost flush with the radio bezzelle, thus no need to use the trim ring. If there is a small gap around it, u can use soft side velcro and put it all the way around the radio.

thanks for the responses. So no aftermarket harness for the speakers? I can dig that.

I do need to get a picture of the dash. I am not happy with the way it looks at all. Its moving around in the hole and you can see the metal of the chasis because there is no trim ring and and it doesnt sit flush. Maybee I used the wrong holes on the deck and its just in the wrong place.

thanks for the responses. So no aftermarket harness for the speakers? I can dig that.

I do need to get a picture of the dash. I am not happy with the way it looks at all. Its moving around in the hole and you can see the metal of the chasis because there is no trim ring and and it doesnt sit flush. Maybee I used the wrong holes on the deck and its just in the wrong place.
    post a pic here of what yours looks like right now. i'll try and get one when i get off work tonight