The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird noise coming from under engine like a growling noise,when driving all the time,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    Im pretty sure it is a the compressor . I dont hear that noise any more as of now. The a/c was cooling fine and my engine is not over heating normal temp on guage and my steering is great.

no leaks of cooalant out of weep hole eithier no coolant loss what so ever.

ac was fine blowing cold no problems with steering and no coolant loss or out of weep hole on water pump leaking.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    the bearing on the compressor prolly went.. but when mine did that it was a squeeking not a growling
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

how much did it cost to replace it and put back on?

Off subject i finally got my eibach pro kit springs in to go with my struts. I wish I knw how to install them a gut told me if i supplied everything struts and springs he could do everything for 400 0r so. I wonder if that comes with a front end allignment.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I would check that a/c belt tensioner pulley and see if thats still good...if not and the pulley is loose, it would be easy just to retighten it.

Removing the a/c compressor isn't easy...not alot of space to deal with. If you have access to get the a/c system evacuated properly then I would go that route before you remove the a/c compressor.

To remove or loosen the a/c belt you are going to have to release tension of the a/c belt tensioner. Once you loosen the belt you should be able to slide it off the compressor pulley. I would replace the a/c belt if you haven't done before and if you do replace the a/c belt you are going to have to remove the alternator/power steering belt off 1st before you can remove the a/c belt.

If you don't then when you loosen the low and high side lines from the compressor I would walk away from that area and no breathe in the refrigerant till the system empties. Once its empty then you can start removing the a/c compressor which is held on by 4 12mm bolts and its a very tight space to move around in where the brake booster is and the fuel return line and P/S lines, etc etc.

The compressor is a bit heavy and big and you will have to be creative on getting the compressor out in the very cramped space of the brake booster, brake master cylinder, intake manifold, etc area. It may seem almost impossible...but it will come out, you just need some patience. I have been told that you can remove it from the bottom...BUT you would have to remove the driver side cv axle in order for the compressor to come out from the bottom and I heard that also a tight fit.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

yea they are a bitch to take out. i had mine basically out the other day but couldnt fit it without chancing other things in the bay so its coming out when i do the headswap.

as for the suspension, where do you live as im sure some members would help you out for less than 400 and then just get and alignment for like 80 bucks
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

TGC Regular
    If you take off your intake mani it is a lot more accessable....

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    If you take off your intake mani it is a lot more accessable....
    yea but its too much work for an inexperienced person to do.. if you have any buddies who are good with cars have them help you out to save you a good amount of money.. and check every little thing it could be before paying for an expensive part
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I live in lousiana,dequincy. about and hour or so from texasborder.

i WISH i KNEW SOME PPL HERE CLOSE BY TO HELP ME

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12