The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Another new member

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Icon12 Another new member

Just signed up, and looking forward to doing some intensive reading on the forums. I'm getting my loaded '09 Galant (6G75 equipped) next month, but I'm not new to the Mitsubishi nameplate. A '00 Montero and an '04 Lancer are part of the current fleet, and I had an '08 Outlander which I regretfully had to sell. But that made way for the Galant, and I'm looking forward to the ownership experience!

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Welcome to TGC

welcome to tgc and have fun
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

Welcome to TGC!!

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Welcome to TGC!

Be sure to post up a couple pics when you get the G.

Welcome to TGC, if you need anything hit us up!
    I see you are in Kuwait..are you in the military?
    Love,
    Matt

Welcome aboard. It's a lot to read, but well worth it. :)
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Enjoy Welcome!

always good to have another 9g around

Many thanks for the welcomes! The US-built 9G Galants made an appearance here in 2006, as early 2007 models. I've had the pleasure of driving the 4G69 variants, but the 6G75 is a different animal. The V6 variants are known as the GTS here, and I'm opting for one in Rally Red with beige leather and what they call the "Premium Package". The package consists of a different steering wheel with controls for audio/climate, leather seats, centre display with park assist, Bluetooth, Rockford Audio, sunroof and chrome plated interior trim.

Anybody know if the Export Models to the Middle East, Russia and Eastern Europe are any different than USDM vehicles? I drive my vehicles to the ground, and specifically chose the Galant because it is US built. That way, should I require a part that's expensive locally, I can just order it from the States without much confusion. For my Pajero/Montero, it's not as easy to order parts unless a part number is present.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
    I see you are in Kuwait..are you in the military?
    Would have been awesome if I was! I'm actually from Kuwait. :)

Cool, I lived in Riyadh for 3 years.
    Love,
    Matt

Interesting place to live, although quite a bit on the conservative side. Hope you enjoyed it though. :)

I did, very nice place to live, I would love to end up in UAE one day.
    Love,
    Matt

The UAE's pretty nice actually, with Bahrain not being too far behind.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Welcome! Good choice getting the GTS..

Welcome to TGC!

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

i'm pretty sure the only difference with your cars are very subtle cosmetics things like different style headlights.. and i dont believe you guys have the Ralliart versions with the Mivec V6

Thanks again for the welcomes!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    i'm pretty sure the only difference with your cars are very subtle cosmetics things like different style headlights.. and i dont believe you guys have the Ralliart versions with the Mivec V6
    Thanks for the info! Glad to hear the differences are just cosmetic. The MIVEC version of the V6 is reserved for their flagship Pajero/Montero SUV. All other vehicles only have L4 MIVEC engines. Up until 2009, what we got looked cosmetically identical to the USDM version...'09+ models just have European turn signals on the front fenders. There's no legal requirement for those, unlike European countries, and would have looked better if they were integrated into the door mirrors IMO. :)