The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eibach Pro Kit question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Eibach Pro Kit question

It is usually hard to find the Eibach Pro Kit spring that were designed for the 7g. They are discontinued. A month ago, I bought a brand new set of Pro Kits that are actually for the 7G part # 6019.140. The part number for the 2g Eclipse/Talon FWD is 6014.140. Are there actually any difference between the two? Now that I sold my 7g, I'm thinking of using them on my 2g.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    idk if there is a real difference but all i can think of is that the galant springs are stiffer as its a slightly larger motor in the front but other than that i see no reason for them to be different
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

The difference is in the spring bed /perch/. The Galants bed is wider, and if you put an Eclipse spring on Galant shock it wont lay on the perch all the way. Also Eclipses springs are shorter than Galants
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

yeah that and the spring rates are probabl a little different simply because the Eclipse is heavier than the G. So the ride might be a little bouncy because the G wont have the weight to compress the springs

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    The difference is in the spring bed /perch/. The Galants bed is wider, and if you put an Eclipse spring on Galant shock it wont lay on the perch all the way. Also Eclipses springs are shorter than Galants
    exactly. galant lowering springs on an eclipse = a lift kit. proto had done it and it lifted the eclipse.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    exactly. galant lowering springs on an eclipse = a lift kit. proto had done it and it lifted the eclipse.

Right, and when I had the Eclipse pro kit I was slammed more than 2''.

Build Thread

Anyone have some Eclipse Pro-Kits they want to trade for Galant Pro-kits?

Wait, you have a 2G? I thought you have a 1G GS-T?

want to sell those pro kit springs for your 7g?
    97 galant... Parts ordered
    07 Ford Edge...family hauler
    02 basset hound.. Low and speedy

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Wait, you have a 2G? I thought you have a 1G GS-T?
    I have a 1g gst, and newly aquired 1998 Eagle Talon Turbo. You need to come by and check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubdoug View Post
    want to sell those pro kit springs for your 7g?
    Yes, I do. PM sent.

popi...I have a set of Skunk 2 Coilovers made for a 2G. Cleaned and ready to go. Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    yeah that and the spring rates are probabl a little different simply because the Eclipse is heavier than the G. So the ride might be a little bouncy because the G wont have the weight to compress the springs
    actually.. its not a bumpy ride at all as i have 2g springs and shocks on my car and it does compress the spring... actually its a very stiff ride and its sits very nicely
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Not the Skunks...those were bouncy as hell. If you live in an area with smooth roads no big deal. 4-G-Rim had em on his car an he loved em...but he lives in Florida! Here in Cali and out in Jersey those things were too much

Not the Skunks...those were bouncy as hell. If you live in an area with smooth roads no big deal. 4-G-Rim had em on his car an he loved em...but he lives in Florida! Here in Cali and out in Jersey those things were too much
    maybe they had a shitty sprong rate cuz i live in CT and spend time in NY and NJ and have no issues with ride quality

but i hear ya dude cuz up here there are places where the road just isnt there and you have no other way to go lol
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

I still have my Skunk2's on my 7g to this day and I have enjoyed them. I have dialed my suspension pretty well to where everyone that has taken a ride in my car says it rides really good. After about a dozen track events..I am still happy with them. Though some bumpy and unforgiving roads...the ride changes to a evil side, not very forgiving...you will punish your kidneys.

I am planning to install a new setup in the near future with most likely a D2 coilover setup, but the KYB AGX/Skunk2 setup still has alot of life in them.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Agreed, I have AGX set to the hardest with Ground Control Sleeves, but I got rid of the GC springs cuz they were too soft. NOw I have precision QA1 coilover springs 650# front and 450# rear and I love it - its stiff as hell.

Im waiting on my package from K-Sport to arrive sometime this week. Yeap full coilovers, and IDK what Im gonna do with the old ones - maybe for my future Galant.....

Build Thread

I am gonna get a new setup too. I am looking at the D2's and stick with my AGXs...I love the adjustable shocks. Right now with the rears set on 1 and the fronts set on 2 (all comfort settings) it rides beautifully. When I had the Skunks...I lived in Jersey....worst place to have em. As Kevin said they are very unforgiving on bad roads. I do miss the absolute 0 body roll they provided. I hope the D2's will have the 0 body roll and comfort as well...that would be perfect

I have the Eibach Pro-Kit on my 7G with the KYB AGX adjustables and have them set at around "3" and the ride is perfect, i have 17's with 225/45/17 and its lowered to where the fenders are on the tires, real nice setup if you can find it
    KYB Adjustable Shocks & Struts
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    NGK Plugs & Wires
    Proline 240 amp alternator
    Short Shifter 5spd
    Excedy Organic Stage 2 Racing Clutch
    Huge SunRoof Installed
    Drag DR-8 Black/Chrome 17x7 Rims
    VR4 Headlights & Taillights

Quote Originally Posted by Jaygza01 View Post
    I have the Eibach Pro-Kit on my 7G with the KYB AGX adjustables and have them set at around "3" and the ride is perfect, i have 17's with 225/45/17 and its lowered to where the fenders are on the tires, real nice setup if you can find it
    now if your prokit is for the 7g ur all set but they are saying that if its for the 2g it might be a bumpy ride.. i say otherwise as i have a complete 2g setup on my car and it is stiff as hell and your car prolly sits like mine since you say the fender is on the tire

2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast