The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G I4 Valve cover removal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    just the gasket....make sure you torque it right or else it won't stop leaking

the torque of the valve cover bolts is specified in the service manual. it's 30 inch-pounds.

Great tutorial man!!! Awesome !!!!! I m about to do it now jajaja i needed help but this tut.. Made it i wasn't sure i could do it myself the mecanic told me i have to paid $70 bucks to have it done i have to buy the seals too that's crazy....... Hopefully i take some pics while im doing it lol !!!! And for the last question about the sealant i ask the guys in autozone and told me it did not need sealant ! PLEASE CHECK OUT MY PICS TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK !

this here does not need to be removed.

the power steering line? it's mounted to the valve cover.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I think he's talking about the timing belt/cam gear cover. I know on the V6, you can leave that bolt in. At least I'm pretty sure..

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    I think he's talking about the timing belt/cam gear cover. I know on the V6, you can leave that bolt in. At least I'm pretty sure..
    Only on the front valve cover. V6 rear has 2 timing cover bolts in the valve cover. Hopefully nobody with the I4 starts looking for their rear valve cover now :-p
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

hahaha. Oh, well you don't HAVE to take it off, but it's just easier to take the valve cover off if the timing cover is out of the way.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Very good tutorial. You have some good pics and were clear on what you were doing step by step. This is how how-to threads should be done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12