The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Skrap's DOHC swap!!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 62 of 62
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    you have to swap the entire wiring harness since you're giving her the auto?

both cars were auto and the silver galant was swapped to manual by sleeper vr-4, Ans since he has a 94 and the silver galant is 96, we have to keep his harness in order to use the GS ECU
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    You're going turbo, correct? Why not use the evo 8 ecu?
    I am eventually going to do that but I got the Gs ecu for a deal. Another reason why im not doing that yet is that its never been done on a 7G before and I would like to make sure the car runs and everything before I take on that milestone.

The crank spacer for the auto is already out. It actually wasn't as hard as people mad it seem. I knew that I was going to reuse it so I didn't beat on it. What I did is packed a ton of petroleum jelly in and found a socket that fit in there perfect and hit it with a hammer and repeated that process about 8 times. What it did is filled the tiny space behind the spacer and kept packing it in there moving the spacer out. It was tedious and messy but it worked alot better than welding and that big mess.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234