The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Idles fine, Misfires upon acceleration

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Quote Originally Posted by Way Fast Galant View Post
    wow, that sounds so unsafe to me, and bad for the engine at the same time.
    Nothing wrong with it...actually its a common diagnosis procedure. Carb Cleaner is basically just starting fluid, and will be burned up as soon as it is sprayed in. Plus sometimes it creates a nice puff of flames...lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Nothing wrong with it...actually its a common diagnosis procedure. Carb Cleaner is basically just starting fluid, and will be burned up as soon as it is sprayed in. Plus sometimes it creates a nice puff of flames...lol
    haha the carb cleaner is fun to use and is quite helpful and the flames are cool just dont be right on top of where your spraying it

i hope you find something soon bro
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Well I cut a hole before my cat...I couldn't get the flange off so I was gonna cut the pipe and shove a crowbar thru the cat since I don't have emissions tests Pre-96 in Illinois. Then replace the pipe section

Still wouldn't start even with a decent sized hole....eliminating the cat as major issue....I eventually gave up and sprayed engine starting fluid into the intake....took 3 tries but it finally started...once it's warmed up it will start over and over but not cold....still dropping revs and choking when opening throttle.....does it neutral...drive...park...whatever....so not tranny

Still idles GREAT!!!! I can use my beloved mitsu as an alternative outdoor air conditioner!!!

I really don't think it's an issue with vacuum unless a valve is stuck....checked hoses....cleaned pvc....possibly bad EGR? Would that cause this?

I do believe if it's a 02 it would idle rough as stated before....

Maybe I really did get shit for gasoline at the hindi bollywood gas station....
    I'm gonna go out later and get some iso-heat and some octane booster and jump the fuel pump for a few until it get's mixed well

....I'll be back lol
    Last edited by bocochoco; 06-16-2009 at 05:27 PM

The fuel treatment and octane boost offered no help....

I am at a loss again....

Is there a way to diagnose my ecu by myself?

TGC Regular
    i honestly dont think its the ecu... did you pull your plugs yet??? clean them up??? also you can take out your fuel pump and check the screen sac on the bottom of it see it it is getting blocked. Could be the case since its only having issues when your sending more gas pressure. Also check to see if your tps is in spec. When mine first had issues it idled perfectly fine, then when i pressed the gas it was really bad almost like the feeling of bad gas.... check the tps first!!!!!!!

My plugs are fine...Spark is a non-issue. Fuel delivery is excellent. Except I haven't had the chance to test injectors...

Anyone know voltage/resistance I should see off of them? Before on a autohold setting I would get like 5 1/2vdc to each wire I didn't check them all though

Also gonna do some research now on how to adjust my TP sensor....Kinda new to me

i think injectors get 12V constant power supply and the other pin gets the ECU control signal 0 and 12V pulses.

THe resistance of the injector is 12-14 Ohms
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I thought I was misfiring to but then I realised If i quickly switched to Neutral the misfiring stopped. It stutters alot and it has no power. also slow to change gears. so does this mean I can be 100% sure its the trans? 5 speed swap time ?

Quote Originally Posted by starh4x View Post
    I thought I was misfiring to but then I realised If i quickly switched to Neutral the misfiring stopped. It stutters alot and it has no power. also slow to change gears. so does this mean I can be 100% sure its the trans? 5 speed swap time ?
    I'd say if you have the money than do it.
    Nothing better than a nice smooth new tranny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12