The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WHHYYY!! My G is Claimed Dead!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 32

WHHYYY!! My G is Claimed Dead!

Soo I was in a hit and run accident (someone ran a red light while I had the protected green arrow to turn left and as I tried to miss them they hit me and spund my rear passenger wheel into the curb and broke the hub and im sure much more!!) and now a week later the insurance is Totalling my 8g ....my hard work all my time and effort not to mention $$$ is gone!!! I dont know how much their going to give me yet....there wasnt even much body damage it was all undercarriage and chassis, the frame may have been bent...they werent specific....Gah im soo mad!!!! here are a few pics I snapped with my G1 so sorry for the bad quality lol......

Last edited by Asierra_999; 06-15-2009 at 07:20 PM

Banned
    Ummmm... replace the suspension yourself and call it good. Just tell the insurance company to piss off. I fucking hate insurance companies.

Oh noes the frame is bent by half an inch!!!!!11one total the car!

They would have totaled my Galant 3x over if that were possible when I wrecked it. Fuck insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Ummmm... replace the suspension yourself and call it good. Just tell the insurance company to piss off. I fucking hate insurance companies.

Oh noes the frame is bent by half an inch!!!!!11one total the car!

They would have totaled my Galant 3x over if that were possible when I wrecked it. Fuck insurance.
    Good point!
    Ive done all the work up until now anyway... hmmm maybe she still lives!! lol just have to wait and see!

I work at a shop, and i deal with insurance alot...

what you should do is call the shop you vehicle is sitting at, ask them exactly what is wrong, tell them to laser scan your frame and pull it if necessary, other wise do everything yourself .

and tell your insurance that you want to retain salvage, they will give you good amount of money, and you keep your car for you to repair.

Quote Originally Posted by es_fact View Post
    I work at a shop, and i deal with insurance alot...

what you should do is call the shop you vehicle is sitting at, ask them exactly what is wrong, tell them to laser scan your frame and pull it if necessary, other wise do everything yourself .

and tell your insurance that you want to retain salvage, they will give you good amount of money, and you keep your car for you to repair.
    And This^^^ is the reason I post these sort of questions! Thank you so much for the input and I most definately will call the collision company and ask them exactly what it is thats damaged! Thanks again!

Banned
    It really, really varies... you're still going to probably end up paying out of pocket for part of the repair. If they're wanting to total it, you're essentially going to be buying your car back off them with your total payout. Your insurance company will try to screw you over. That's their job, after all.

Government legalized/required extortion. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    It really, really varies... you're still going to probably end up paying out of pocket for part of the repair. If they're wanting to total it, you're essentially going to be buying your car back off them with your total payout. Your insurance company will try to screw you over. That's their job, after all.

Government legalized/required extortion. Yay!
    Lol yup even USAA seems to be going bad too lol Thanks tho...im really looking to buy an Evo VIII or IX.....I could use the insurance money for a down payment but, im just confused right now lol!!
    Last edited by Asierra_999; 06-15-2009 at 04:07 PM

Banned
    Unless you have a ton done to your Galant, I'd take the insurance payout and buy something with better resale value, and nicer... its the financially wise thing to do.

So any suggestions for a car for a 24 yr old male IT technician!? lol under $22K

3000GT Vr-4? $8500-$16000 range private sale

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Worst suggestion ever.

And if you're paying that much for a VR-4, you're stupid. Such utter pieces of crap. But they're cool cars... but NOT a financially smart decision at all. And NOT a good DD.

I've got a broke ass one sitting in my garage right now and I wouldn't pay the owner more than $4000 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Yup..but if your going to get a 3000GT... i would consider importing a GTO.

find you a nice G35 that is what I would do.

No 3kgt, I've heard they spend more time in the shop than on the road. Take the car to a shop on SW Military, get the payout from the Ins., after that give the shop some freindly's and they will give you the car back. Then part whatever you can out.
    Mike

I would get me a S2000 if I already had a daily and just wanted something fun.

For under 22k, If I needed a daily, I would probably find a BMW 325xi.

blue8g
    get a g35, and a gvr4!

Quote Originally Posted by Asierra_999 View Post
    Lol yup even USAA seems to be going bad too lol Thanks tho...im really looking to buy an Evo VIII or IX.....I could use the insurance money for a down payment but, im just confused right now lol!!
    I got f'd over by usaa too bro.
    They didn't take my side when i got hit from behind and then hit the person in front of me.
    I got 7 grand for my truck after i bought it back ( for a grand), I took my parts off and then had it auctioned by copart ( I got 900 back).
    So best advice would be to but it back, part as much of it as you can out and then see if copart will auction it for ya.

I'm by bandera/1604 btw.
    02 Galant GTZ stock
    00 S10 Bagged on 20's Suicide Doors 5 link and control arms, more to come!

THATL buff rite out

I4betterthanUR4
    Yeah I love the two door g35x, I would say get that but even a 2004 is still going for 30k and up. You could easily get a 350z with that kind of money and still have some left to mod, same chassis as the g35 also. What about an STi?

TGC Regular
    get another galant......lmao Just for sentimental reason.

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast