The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: evo and five speed swap???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 36
    4g64turbo

evo and five speed swap???

hi i'm new to this sit and i'm thing of buy a 8g galant and i love your evo swzap, is that a compete motor or just a head, and can you help me i'm trying to fund a write up on how to do the evo swap and a 5 speed swap to find out how hard it is before i get in to somthing i can't finish

blue8g
    well you can do the head swap or the entire engine....and it's not as easy as changing your oil

4g64turbo
    do i use the 5 speed out of the evo or what trans do i use for the swap

you can use the trans from a 2000-2005 eclipse

4g64turbo
    can you use the evo trans???

4g64turbo
    plus i found a web sit that i can get a evo motor and it has everything like the motor and the trans, starter, both manifolds, and the turbo for like 4000.00 and i realy would like to do the swap....

you cant use the transmission since evo's are AWD and the galant is FWD..

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

u can use the tranny if u use the rear end from a 2g Auto AWD eclipse.

but i think that just might be a little over your head
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

4g64turbo
    so the eclipse trans will fit the evo motor with no problem??

yes sir...

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by youngfab59 View Post
    you cant use the transmission since evo's are AWD and the galant is FWD..
    Bite your tongue. LOL

Its not entirely true, I run an 04' EVO 8 trans modified for FWD use. I only did this because its stronger than the 3g trans, but if your making under 400whp I would stay with the 3g trans and an LSD. I should be the first person with a 8g/3g running the FWD converted EVO trans. Trust me though, running the modified EVO trans is a much more expensive option.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

4g64turbo
    will i found a motor, trans, and ecu plus afew more things for about 4000, so what did you do to make the evo trans work??

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Bite your tongue. LOL

Its not entirely true, I run an 04' EVO 8 trans modified for FWD use. I only did this because its stronger than the 3g trans, but if your making under 400whp I would stay with the 3g trans and an LSD. I should be the first person with a 8g/3g running the FWD converted EVO trans. Trust me though, running the modified EVO trans is a much more expensive option.
    lol.. i'm bleeding from my tongue....

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

Quote Originally Posted by 4g64turbo View Post
    will i found a motor, trans, and ecu plus a few more things for about 4000, so what did you do to make the evo trans work??
    dude you are over your head right now.

take a step back, and breath for a moment.

there are a few things that you are going to need. Planning, and reading. READ everything you can find about the swap, see what other people have done and what you think you could do better.

plan, make a parts list with all prices on what you are going to need and extras of what you will need because it will break.

building a car takes knowledge, preparation and skill.

that is 80% of it the last 20% is will.

so like i said take a step back take a deep breath, nothing good comes if you rush it.

Stewi is your man to talk to, he has done the swap. He has the knowledge and ideas on what he would have done different, if he where going to do it again. so listen to him and check out his build thread in the projects section.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

yah.. read EVERYTHING on swaps man lol and make sure you have at least 2x the money you think you will need and then add a grand..

read everything, plan everything and expect draw backs like crazy..
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    there is also a tutorial on how to do the 5 spd swap in the 8g tutorial section...its pretty thorough

4g64turbo
    will i found a parts list and I'm trying to find something were there is a how to put the head on but i can't find it, and if there is a way that i can talk to Stewi that would be grate.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    There is a whole thread on club3g about the headswap, thats why I told you to search. I always help everyone to the best that I can, but from your PM's its as if your asking me to write you a personal EVO swap how to, which is damn near impossible because there are a few ways to do it and it would probably be a 15-20 page document of text alone. Like said above, take a step back, you should work in baby steps, first off, you dont even have an 8g yet according to your first post, first get the car, then decide your power goals, your speed bug might be cured by a simple 5 speed swap and a 16 turbo, rather than investing around $10k to do an EVO swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

your forum name is such a misnomer. haha.

no 4g64. no turbo. do you have a drivers license? :)

4g64turbo
    I'm running a 2g spyder with a 6 bolt in it right now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast