The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: my black widow 2.5 bumper

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

my black widow 2.5 bumper

before pick

sorry for the picture jacking man lol

ive ben busy hacking away and fiberglassing on this thing for a couple of weeks now in my spare time doing a little bit of modifying to it lol first i fixed all the cracks and scrapes and dings in the poor thing
    then layed down two more layers of glass and matt due to the damn thing beeing so flimsy no wonder they crack so easy.

then i cut out and reglassed the sides where to "side ports were" some how i feel that my g wasnt going to go fast enuf to need them lol
    then i deleted the lic plate notch in the front because im just to cool to rock a front plate

i still gotta sand the sides down once agin and smooth it out

i hope to finish her up friday trim the crash bar a little put her on and then lay down one more layer of glass on the bottom lip
    and paint fukin red pearl cost 87 bucks a PINT ridiculous!!

im thinking about putting some rectangle fogs in the slits these look like they would fit but idk http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Recta...#ht_2911wt_758
    Last edited by ricky_db; 06-14-2009 at 09:14 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    interested to see how it comes out... i hope you have some sides and a rear planned out because it does sit low and will look uneven without the rest of the body lines matching

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    looking good man, nice work
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    interested to see how it comes out... i hope you have some sides and a rear planned out because it does sit low and will look uneven without the rest of the body lines matching
    ive ben hunting some super vr-4 skirtz but no luck :( i might jump on calis group buy for the vr4 sides and just extend them a couple of inches so they set on the ground too then just have to find a low rear and do the same thing
    Last edited by ricky_db; 06-14-2009 at 09:17 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Good work, Looks much better the way u hooked it up. But u still can see the bump a lil where that vent was on the sides, if u dont fix it now, it will be very noticeable once u paint it. Some black mesh or a billet grille top & bottom will look good once painted. Does that take JDM Heads or USDM? IMO the fogs might just clutter the look of the bumper.
    Will u be able to dump it still with that bumper on without crackig it up? It looks pretty tall.
    Last edited by IVORY_G; 06-14-2009 at 10:34 PM
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Good work, Looks much better the way u hooked it up. But u still can see the bump a lil where that vent was on the sides, if u dont fix it now, it will be very noticeable once u paint it. Some black mesh or a billet grille top & bottom will look good once painted. Does that take JDM Heads or USDM?
    Will u be able to dump it still with that bumper on without crackig it up? It looks pretty tall.
    its a usdm fit bumper
    i wont be able to tuck the whole front rim like i just spent countless hours drilling and welding the struts to but i can fight that battle another day
    mesh is in rout that real thick diamond mesh sh!t that blings in the sun lol

yea thats the only problem with trying to glass around a curve its realy not to noticeable i can deff live with it lol the front top part is the only part that im not going to touch anymore but as you can see there is still filler along the edges thats what is making the patched area noticeably raised

i still have to do some work to it before i do finishing work to it

*pluss it adds down force and gives me 4 more horsepower on my but dyno*
    Last edited by ricky_db; 06-14-2009 at 10:47 PM

I figured u wouldnt be able to dump it as usual, but Im sure it'll still look good. Be nice to see once its painted with mesh installed.

LMFAO @ the 4 HP!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Pic jacka.

Haha j/k its coming out nice!

yo dont make the whole rear sit on the ground, just the part near the tires. and get a nice chrome ribbed muffler that will touch the ground

Quote Originally Posted by VIPtint View Post
    yo dont make the whole rear sit on the ground, just the part near the tires. and get a nice chrome ribbed muffler that will touch the ground
    already had to get the muffler welded back on once lol. ive already been smited by the VIP guys once already, ive accepted that i dont have the cash or the car to go VIP lol

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    Pic jacka.

Haha j/k its coming out nice!
    couldnt have done it w/ out you (no homo)

I figured u wouldnt be able to dump it as usual, but Im sure it'll still look good. Be nice to see once its painted with mesh installed.

LMFAO @ the 4 HP!
    i might end up cutting the bottom and flare it out some to keep my front tuckage

sorry guys i miss my car. plus this is my old ass thread i do what i want lol
    i thought i posted this pic in here

Never saw any pix of it installed, but to be honest, Im not feeling it. Maybe its bcz it doesnt have sideskirts on it too...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Take some more pics please!

Never saw any pix of it installed, but to be honest, Im not feeling it. Maybe its bcz it doesnt have sideskirts on it too...
    yea she does look kinda strange but once i put the super vr4 sides, fender flares, and super vr4 rear extensions on..... she should look nice and even all around

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    Take some more pics please!
    i wish i could cant get out of this hell hole yet