The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Checking Interest/ Coming Soon (New Suspension Pieces and more)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 50

Checking Interest/ Coming Soon (New Suspension Pieces and more)

firstly, i apologize if this is in the wrong section but i was just thinking logically here on where to place this. ok guys so i've got a very good friend who is an awesome powder coater and new found fabricator. with this new found skill of his he has offered to make some parts for this platform and its variants.
    first up: Rear Tie Bar
    this particular component aids in strengthening the rear suspension lower arm link. by this rear tie bar being installed the rear suspension will become a bit more poised and responsive as it will no longer be flexing during cornering and quick direction changes.

next: Front Swaybar Endlinks
    everyone who is on lowered suspension knows how badly these are designed from the factory. so what we have come up with is a set that will be lower priced than the MOOG upgrades and way better looking and performing than the stockers. they will be adjustable in height and direction to accomodate any suspension you are riding on and will provide unparallel performance over stock.

next: Radiator Brackets
    i know this isnt some functional performance piece but they will surely catch some attention. these radiator brackets will be laser cut and perfect for those who want to dress up the engine bay a little more. dont paint your old ones or cut them out of thin metal, just roll with these.

pics and prices will come by the week's end. and believe me, they will not dissapoint. just trying to gauge interest off of the initial idea. like i said, the prices and products will not dissapoint.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    What about a nice strut bar?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    What about a nice strut bar?
    A remake of the Carbing STB with the master cylinder stopper would be nice.

you know, those are both really nice ideas and will get brought up to him in the morning or at least when i go pick up my tie bar. thanks again

I'm in for the front sway bar endlinks if they are less than 150, and the rear tie bar as well
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

cool and im sure they will be.

radiator brackets would be cool. I know they tossed that idea around c3g but because the price was going to be over $50, no one wanted to buy them. To me, the price doesnt matter as long as theyre good quailty.

End links will be cheaper than 150, and adjustable, and MUCH better than stock.

Rear tie bar I will have two designs, one is done, other is almost done.

Radiator brackets will be anodized billet aluminum, in the 30 dollar a set range.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    radiator brackets would be cool. I know they tossed that idea around c3g but because the price was going to be over $50, no one wanted to buy them. To me, the price doesnt matter as long as theyre good quailty.
    x2...

Ok so the tie bars will come in two styles.

Im doing one similar to the gold one shown in the picture, but with a better bracket design. The design shown basically relies on two 1/4-20 bolts on each side. The bracket design I went with uses 8 bolts. Material 6061 T6 aluminum, both the bar and the brackets (laser cut) and stainless hardware.

I estimate cost of these to be about $60 including powder coating (6 standard colors)

The other design is less visually appealing though I would say they are more rigid.

These are a 1" thick solid, 6061 T6 aluminum, machined to accept both Left hand thread rod end, and a right hand thread rod end. This means you can put it on, and loosen the jam nuts, adjust it out to make sure its "tight" and tighten the jam nuts.

I estimate cost of these to be about $55 including powder coating (6 standard colors)

Ok, and moving to sway bar end links. The pictures I included are ones I have made for other cars. The ones for you guys would have include nuts and bolts. They will be height adjustable, and much stronger than stock.

Cost should be around 80 for a set, but I am building some now to verify. They will probably not have the grease fittings as these were overkill for the application.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    I like the end links I would be down for those, I think anything is better thank stock

These look pretty good. You might want to check out club3g. they could also use these same products.

I tried posting over there, but the site hasnt been working

I'm in for the endlinks, rad brackets, and the less appealing tie bar
    what are the 6 standard colors?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    might I suggest keeping the grease fittings. A few of us NY guys had very similar endlinks using heim joints without grease fittings and they become very noisy after a few thousand miles. The price is great, I paid $150 for the adjustable ones I have now which are a true ball style joint like the stock ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I use teflon lined end links so the grease fittings arent really needed. I am sure if you wanted I could still use those on a per order basis.

6 Colors - Black, Gunmetal, Red, Blue, Silver and COMPLX Green which is basically army green. If there is some other color you want I am sure we can work it out. It can also be left raw aluminum
    Last edited by COMPLX; 06-16-2009 at 03:48 PM

Is candy red an option ? :)

im interested in the links for sure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast