The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Checking Interest/ Coming Soon (New Suspension Pieces and more)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 50
    very nice...id be very interested

I'm interested in the end links and possibly the tie bar. I will not have the money until the beginning of July so I can't buy anything before then.

How does the tie bar install? I've never installed one before.

ok very newb question wat are the benifits of the tie bar and sway bar links??

Tie bar stiffens chassis/suspension, resulting in better handling.

Sway bar end links will possibly help some. But the stock ones are terrible quality and I hear often break on lowered cars.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by COMPLX View Post
    Tie bar stiffens chassis/suspension, resulting in better handling.

Sway bar end links will possibly help some. But the stock ones are terrible quality and I hear often break on lowered cars.
    the stock ones are pieces of shit and the damn threads on the stud rust and its a PITA to take off. With adjustable links you can also preload the the sway bar, not really needed for a daily driver but for someone who does auto-x or road racing, this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Things I would like to see:

- new and improved harness bar
    - rear strut bar that goes over the center metal column (ok, that maybe overkill)

What wrong with the current harness bar and how many people would actually want them?

well, the one built in Las Vegas was the "real" version but only a certain amount was built.

Sway bar end link prototype is finished. Will post comparison pics, info, and set pricing by this weekend.

Also have one of the tie bars done, and will post that info by the weekend as well.

Sway Bar end link prototype as well as the round style rear tie bar are in the process of being coated. Pics and pricing will be up tonite.

OK well here is what I got so far.

Front sway bar end links.

They are setup just barely shorter than stock right now. You can adjust them about an inch shorter than stock, or extend them to be as long as stock. This will give you the option to set the preload of the sway bar. Also, the joints on one end are a LEFT HAND thread, and the other end is a RIGHT HAND thread. This means you dont have to to remove bolts to adjust it. Just loosen the jam nuts at each end and spin the rod (red part) to make the unit longer or shorter, then tighten the jam nuts back up and you are done. I will warranty these things against anything reasonable. Im not actually worried about it, just sayin.

-All the hardware is stainless
    -The rod is 6061 T6 solid aluminum.
    -Nut on each bolt is a NyLock nut so you dont have to worry about them coming loose.

6 Standard colors available. with others optional for 10 dollars more
    Normal Cost - $100 a set
    GROUP BUY COST - $85 a set

Comparison to stock

Rear Tie Bar.

This bar is designed to help stiffen your chassis/suspension, thus resulting in improved handling. The joints on one end are a LEFT HAND thread, and the other end is a RIGHT HAND thread. This means you dont have to to removethe unit to adjust it. Just loosen the jam nuts at each end and spin the rod (red part) to make the unit longer or shorter, then tighten the jam nuts back up and you are done. You will want it "tight" pushing "out" on the bolts. I may end up supplying new bolts and locking nuts depending on how the test fitting goes. The rod is 6061 T6 solid aluminum.

To give you an idea, we put an "ebay" tie bar from a Galant owner up against our tie bar in a test. We applied approximately 400lbs of force on the ebay bar and achieved 6 degrees of deflection. This same test was run on our bar and after maxing the machine at 12 tons (24000lbs) we got just shy of 1 degree of deflection. For those who are reading this and dont understand, the short version is that the ebay bar is VERY weak, and even worse compared to ours.

6 Standard colors available. with others optional for 10 dollars more
    COST - $60

Im willing to do a package deal for these if there is a group buy. Figure the cheapest this package would be is 145, but I will offer the package right now at $130 for the 3 piece set. (Rear tie bar, 2 front sway bar end links)
    Last edited by COMPLX; 06-21-2009 at 02:35 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Just wondering if you considered the long term use of the links and its adjustment. You may want to consider machining two flat spots in the middle of the tube so that you can get a wrench on it to adjust it. I know right now it adjusts fine by hand, but over time if it gets any type of dirt or grime in there and its gonna be a PITA to adjust it without taking the bolt out. Overall nice piece though, pricing is very fair and the finished product looks good, it looks much nicer than mine that were almost double the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

What other colors is the Tiebar availible in?

Liking the rear tie bar.Gotta grab that soon.Greatjob

Well the threads are greased, and its not like you should be adjusting these on some sort of regular basis. I can machine flat spots, but why weaken a part just in case someone feels the need to adjust it constantly.

6 Colors - Black, Gunmetal, Red, Blue, Silver and COMPLX Green which is basically army green. If there is some other color you want I am sure we can work it out. It can also be left raw aluminum

For $130 for the set I have to pick these up. Any time frame when these would be ready to order?

I have 5 full sets ready go to, just need to powder coat them and I will be doing that on a per order basis. so I am ready when you are.

Is the $130 including shipping?

You know what would be appealing?

How about a custom name or lettering on top of the strut bar and you can put your logo and info somewhere on the side. Just a thought.
    :-)

Can you get is pictures of these installed? I would like to see how they look in the car. Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast