The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: coilovers or Lowering springs???? your opinion.....

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

coilovers or Lowering springs???? your opinion.....

so what do u people think??? and why???..... i mean come on u gotta have a reason why.... coilovers or Springs???

and by the way im getting KYB AGXs with them
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

if u are planning for a kit, get the coilovers so u can fine tune ur drop. if ur just gonna keep it stock on the outside, get the springs since springs will give u an overall better ride.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    just what pinoy said i got coils caus im getting a kit if your not gona do all that go with springs your ride will be better but you wont be able to adjust the height on it unless you fit a lot of overweight people in there or something... anyway get springs if your not planning on a kit bascialy just repeating what pinoy said.
    - Atba

Supernova
    I'm planning on getting a kit.... one day, but i'm going to get Progress springs. It will be a loooong time before I get a kit, so I can always take off the springs sell them or somthing and then install coilover when i'm ready for the kit.

alright then, Eibach springs it is......

im just worried about the gap up front..... im getting 17s i want a nice drop................... i would get 18s but i havent found any that meet my weight limits

and by the way u think ill need a camber kit? Eibach says they will drop 1.5 inches in front and 1.0 in the back

Experienced TGC Member
    Nah you won't need one with just Eibach springs. Unless a .05 is gonna make a huge difference to you... drag racing it could, you never know.

I had the Eibachs and GR-2 setup for a year and a half, rode great and with AGX's you'll be money.

My front dropped 1.2 in the front. Still leaves almost and inch and a half to 2" gap :?
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ViciousLord)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright then, Eibach springs it is......

im just worried about the gap up front..... im getting 17s i want a nice drop................... i would get 18s but i havent found any that meet my weight limits

and by the way u think ill need a camber kit? Eibach says they will drop 1.5 inches in front and 1.0 in the back</div>

The lower the drop, the better a chance that you'll need a camber kit. So wow knows. I know Chromegalant installed Progress(2.0 front 1.8 rear) on his 2002 Es i4, and he didn't need a camber kit. Some cars need them, and some don't. I sure hope mine doesn't.

Springs by far. I had springs first and the car sat nice a good ride and everything. Then I went to coilovers because I got a full kit installed and I wanted to be able to adjust the height for shows. Now I have had the privaledge or riding on both and I want springs again.

I'll ride on the stock springs before I ride on coilovers again
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Coilovers.........I just got my Progress and I regret it so much because the drop just isn't cutting it.......Its still sits way too high!! I can still put 4 fingers in the front and 2-3 fingers in the rear.......Thats way too much gap for my taste......!!!

But maybe you like gaps.........
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

only gaps I like are Car lengths. But when I had my Progress I had no gap in the rear and a small one in the front. If I had a pic of mine with the 18"s on it I would show you but I cant find them
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I just got my Progress and I regret it so much because the drop just isn't cutting it.......Its still sits way too high!! I can still put 4 fingers in the front and 2-3 fingers in the rear.......Thats way too much gap for my taste......!!! </div>

:shock: 4 fingers? With progress and 18"s? I got 18s and 35 series tires (Very thin).. and my gap is 3 fingers in the front....I guess differs per car?

I had to go check.. heres a pic I just took..

[/img]

DANJ - Progress Also.. front and back

MRJAY D - Progress.

2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

see i like those drops, not to low and not to high..... just right

does anybody have pics of a 7g on 17s with Eibach springs?............

nsg123

Springs

This is my ride with coilovers and bodykit, the works basically, I am changing the whole thing in march so i willl show some more pics, I wanted to know though, do Eibach sportline springs fit the i4 or are they only for V6

Actually i dont know how to get a picture from my computer oin to here so i will figure that out and then do it, but i pick springs, coilovers are way to noisey and the ride sucks

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    :shock: 4 fingers? With progress and 18"s? I got 18s and 35 series tires (Very thin).. and my gap is 3 fingers in the front....I guess differs per car?
    do you have a v6 or I4 because i think that NRG has I4 thats why the gap is more.