The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Springs

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    blue8g

Springs

Ok so i'm sure that this has been covered before but this is kind of urgent so here goes...what lowering springs drop the most? comfort doesn't matter...

i would buy c/o's but my parents don't understand spending 1000 on a 7 yo family sedan, so i want to get something for now then once i move out get some nice c/o's....

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    ur better saving up for c/o if u look at the price dif u will see that its better of going c/o

i paid almost 500 for my springs and shocks if i waited another week more i could got k sport c/o for 750

now if ur not planing on getting c/o and will be fine with springs then go for it but if u wanna go c/o then wait and get c/o

but Megas will be the most drop
    Last edited by jimmy_o2; 06-17-2009 at 07:54 PM
    03 I4

i believe megans drop the most but i like how my teins and kyb agxs look.

if you're not going for c/o the lowest spring drop avaliable for the 8g are the progress springs even though the two are relatively close in ride height. You can get it for around $170 shipped from a former TGC vendor

Megan Springs $132 shipped
    2.0" Front
    1.9" Rear

Progress Springs $170 shipped
    Front Drop: 2.20
    Rear Drop: 1.80

blue8g
    ooh i think i'll run progress they drop the rear less, and the front more thanks guys!

and i'm getting c/o's next year once i'm 18 lol

i found a site (cant remember, use google shopping!) that had the progress for just over $200 shipped.

blue8g
    i don't need struts right? i don't care if they go out will get c/o's the second the struts go

yeah, you should just be able to throw the struts in a compressor, pop out the old springs and put the new ones in. wish i had gone ahead and replaced my springs when i did my struts last winter.

be careful what you wish for. the ride on my Tein SS-Ps is so harsh (i drive over 2 dozen speed bumps every day), Im thinking of buying springs/shocks for daily driving and then swapping to coilovers for shows or track days.

i would get new struts too, i didnt and 2 days later they were completely blown.

And if ur current stock springs are old, ur height will probarly be the same or higher since they are new. Old springs are much softer and the ride will get lower after theyr getting more and more bad. Go for the lowest set u can find but the problem with that is rubbing. If ur shocks are to soft or old the G dosnt need much weight before u rubbing.
    Get hard suspension and lower it with proper springs. Or go for coilovers if the roads where u live isnt too bad

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    be careful what you wish for. the ride on my Tein SS-Ps is so harsh (i drive over 2 dozen speed bumps every day), Im thinking of buying springs/shocks for daily driving and then swapping to coilovers for shows or track days.
    I concur. I go through it all the time.

blue8g
    i'm planning on buying another car for more daily drving stuff so i can do the G right...

blue8g
    what do yall think of the megan stb???

bro, I'm not gonna get all angry at you and everything, but every single question you've asked has been discussed, but with the STB, there are 3 that are good, stock 3G bar, DC bar, and Carbing, 3G is cheapest and ugliest, carbing is expensive and sexy looking, and dc is right in the middle with price, and I personally like it the best with it's dual bar design, so it's up to you.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

blue8g
    yeah i've just come into a bunch of money, so i'm buying stuff...CHEA..btw...alright i think i'll try to find a DC bar or go all out with Carbing