The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine Swap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

Engine Swap

I just want to know what your view on swapping a 6g72 with a RB25DET(A Skyline Engine) i just want to know if its possible to do that.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    I have almost no experience in this field except for reading info on here. If it is not a direct bolt, which it seems like it won't be, anything is possible with the right amount of money.

IT would be a tight swap but the 6g72tt would be a faster swap, and easier to do, if you went nissan then you would have to find a front whell drive tranny for it, which i do not know if they make, or find a rear wheel tranny, and by the time thats all said and done you could have swapped the RB25det into a 240sx and probably built part of it for the same amount, and had a hell of alot more fun.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Wow.....Ok what your asking is the craziest shit I have ever heard of man.lol You want to put a Nissan Skyline Motor into a Mitsubishi Galant????? As far as I would know to answer the question, no it wont work unless you have a shit load of money and tallent and maybe a lil girft from God to help you do this kind of swap. But why put a nissan motor into a Mitsu man come on........If you want a Nissan motor I would buy a Nissan car instead of spending the time and money on this project. I have seen many crazy stuff like Scions XB with a Tundra motor swap, Honda Civic with Corvette motor swap...things are possible if you have the money man but also think the skyline motor is facing a complete diff way which means changing everything from the fram to motor mounts and tranny everything has to go and be cut, welded....dude no.

Just take a 6g72 or even better as a worthy project a 6g74 build it up and turbo it...worth the money and bettere spent on that than taking God only know how many years its going to take you to get the Nissan motor working in a G. Hope I help you and good luck

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Well there's a guy around here that use to run a Civic with a 4G64 so i guess with the right amount of money that anything can happen.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Someone posted a RB26DET in a S2000, so I say you do it!
    Love,
    Matt

As far as I knw u can do Whatever u want to but be ready to spent alot.. I mean ALOT of money dude for this swap.. I have seen many hondas boy doing that kind of crazy swap like putting a v8 into a civic or even a the 3kGT vr4 motor into an Acura integra.. That's sick how those car spin tires and run.. But isn't a cheaper thing..
    So if u have the money I'll say try dude.. U never knw.. So u can be the first galant with a skyline motor... Damn
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

It's metal, it can be welded, and it's just a machine. If you know the right connections, it's never immpossible.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Lol..

I appreciate your input it was just a question...i started thinking if that would b possible after researching trying to import an R34 which is damn near impossible...but maybe in a couple of years ill b able to do it....just gotta stack my bread and do a hell of a lot of research but im in afghanistan and have nothing better to do right now so i guess ill just do research and ask some experts on what i would need to do in order to put one in, and then maybe ill think about acually trying this UNGODLY swap

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    4g64 civic.....

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    4g64 civic.....
    Im thinking the same thing you are buddy.lol

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    ya 4g64 civic, that shit was green and gave a evo a run for money all the time at the races. Havent seen him in awhile tho.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stax87 View Post
    I appreciate your input it was just a question...i started thinking if that would b possible after researching trying to import an R34 which is damn near impossible...but maybe in a couple of years ill b able to do it....just gotta stack my bread and do a hell of a lot of research but im in afghanistan and have nothing better to do right now so i guess ill just do research and ask some experts on what i would need to do in order to put one in, and then maybe ill think about acually trying this UNGODLY swap
    Nobody that I am aware of has done this swap before, but we can give you at the very least, a general idea of what you're gonna need for this:

Custom Motor Mounts
    Some kind of engine management
    custom exhaust piping
    Either:
    Custom FWD transmission w/ custom driveshafts
    RWD with custom driveshaft - could possibly mate to rear EVO differential/axle/suspension components

essentially a TON of custom fabrication, which is a LOT of money. I'm assuming anyone that would even attempt this swap would most likely change the stock front end frame to a tubular frame to match the RB25DET

I wouldnt even think of doin that, but if he succeeds that would be the craziest swap on here!

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

you want to swap a rb26 in a car buy a s13

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

blue8g
    nope you wanna swap in an rb26 you buy a 510

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    you want to swap a rb26 in a car buy a s13
    yea i was thinking about buying one of those still looking though

Anything can be done if you have the right amount of money.

ok now imma just throw some numbers out there and say 15-20 stacks on doing this swap do yall think that would b enough???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast