The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cold Air Intake??

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 92 of 92
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    first off if it was a TSi it wasnt racing or it was a 420A talon.

isaurio... engines run better cooler we got that lol. i think thats y we go turbo we get a nice cooler

this has been beaten to death. doesnt matter what you do it will be around the same power. i have a SRI and i drive to tennessee from CT and only have to stop 2 times with the SRI and it was 3 with the stock air box and you do feel more response with the SRI giving the illusion of more power when only the initial pull has changed and the power is such little gain that its the same but in ur head u think it got 50 hp. delete ur power steering while ur at it. u get 20 hp the honda kids say
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

you only gain throttle response because the air is flowing through less shit, not because it is getting more air into the engine, that the misconception about SRI and CAI, you get better gas mileage because of the same thing. Air is getting their in a more efficient manner making the engine stain less.

Its like trying to breath through a straw or a piece of 3" pipe, of course you can take the air from the 3" pipe faster but you can only take in so much, you strain to get the air through the straw but you still end up with the same amount of air in the end.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

yea its a tsi awd with the 4g63t. its my friends car and im in the process of rebuilding the engine.
    but regardless, i like my intake and i dont regret buying it.
    im just north of tenn, in ky. :/ lol ky sucks

lol not to be a ass but a AWD TSI is a lot faster then a v6 galant, sorry to say but he didnt race you or he just used cruise control while you floored it.

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    lol not to be a ass but a AWD TSI is a lot faster then a v6 galant, sorry to say but he didnt race you or he just used cruise control while you floored it.
    i raced a v6 8g on the way to NY (THEREV) and he couldnt keep up with my 7g and there is no way off the line an awd car gets beat by a v6 galant lmao

and how are you qualified to build the motor?? is he building it and you are the errand boy or what???
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I'm just saying....
    Just sayin?

Sorry, had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

i kno that the talon is faster than my car. he ran high 12s in the quarter, before he blew his 20g turbo. and it has been on stock set up for a while. when we raced, it was from a stop. and he was down 20 in vacuum. ive got the video to prove it. and no, im not the errand boy. it jumped time and bent all the exhaust valves. so its an on going project car in my spare time. i was able to take the crank bolt out with my fingers. lol

down 20 in vaccuum???? that means he was at idle cuz thats the only time my gauge reads 20 on the vaccuum and cruise is 10 on the vaccuum

and only high 12s on a 20g.. what did he do leave the rest stock and throw on that beast.. unless it was an ebay tdo5h 20g then it explains it
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

yea engine is stock, and the intercooler is smaller than a stock one too. lol. and im not sure where he got the 20g.
    we were waitin for the light, and he kept messin with the camera, meanwhile im slammed on the brakes and gas watchin the light. prolly the only reason i got the lead.

how can it be smaller than stock thats rediculous.. im done with this thread.. no1 listens about what CAI or SRI does the info is there take it or leave it
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Thread is closed it has become a bickering match and Its way off topic now.

All info has been explained take what you want from the thread and make your own decisions!

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    eBay intakes are Garbage from what Ive seen. They have no mounting brackets and dangle as Qnz said, which looks like shit, and gets banged up with dents bcz of it.
    Get an AEM, Injen, or just buy a cone filter with an adapter and use your stock piping. Our stock piping is not as restrictive as some manufacturers make others, so it will work fine.
    Plus Aluminum is prone to heat absorption which causes loss of performance anyway. Really the only advantage is that it looks shiny and is lighter. Not good enough reasons IMO. I wish K&N made one for our cars that was made out of the ABS Plastic with larger diameter piping. That would be worth it.
    That's BS. I just bought and received a CAI from Ebay the other day and it's just as good as the Ebay intake I bought 10 years ago. I had to buy another intake kit because it was cheaper to buy the whole thing $26.99 ( total $47.49, including tax and free shipping) vs. buying the individual silicone parts that worn out/cracked over the years. (unfortunately, I just found out today when I went for a smog check that the CARB sticker was made for the Eclipse and not the Galant, so they didn't pass me). The new intake kit I just bought doesn't include a CARB sticker, but I can personally vouch for these intakes that they are good to go.

If heat was a concern, attaching a filter to the MAS isn't any better than the aluminum pipe that is prone to heat, as you say. At least with the cold air intake (lower portion piping), it's grabbing cooler air from outside the engine bay. Plus, you can attach just the CAI (lower portion with filter) to the stock piping if having all aluminum piping is a real concern. I've had this in my car for 10 years and haven't really had any issues at all.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345