The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Someone please help before i bash this fucking car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33
    Experienced TGC Member

Someone please help before i bash this fucking car

So my journey with the fucking rear disc swap has been nothing but PURE hell. For starters i received the wrong backing plates. Now thats done and i have the right ones. I get to the job and the right caliper was fucking frozen so i have a new one installed ok thats done. Install the R1 stainless steel lines and they both fucking leak at the female end of the flare fitting and i tightened them down plenty. Now i put the stock lines back on and thats all good to fucking go. NOW both of the fucking bleeder nipples leak like a SOB. WTF? Ive tightened them down pretty good. Im starting to think this wasnt worth the 8+ hours and the money i put into them and thinking about going back to drum because i NEVER had this problem. I dont get it WTF could be wrong? I know there is no way in hell there is something to seal it other than the nipple itself. Should i remove the fucking things and clean them then try again? Its bullshit. The right rear is the new one and it leaks worse! BTW its coming from the threads and not the actual nipple hole itself. Im MORE than sure it leaks. I washed my car earlier and i washed around all the line contacts to make sure it wasnt just left over from bleeding the system and i just went to check it and its leaking.

how did you get the wrong backing plate? what car did they come off of?
    also sounds like you got the wrong thread for the bleeders? or you stripped out the threads? I did the swap for a members 8g the other month and it took about 4 hrs start to finish

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    how did you get the wrong backing plate? what car did they come off of?
    also sounds like you got the wrong thread for the bleeders? or you stripped out the threads? I did the swap for a members 8g the other month and it took about 4 hrs start to finish
    Well i first got the damn parts from a guy that had a GSX and i recall someone telling me that they would work and they dont. The GSX has a bigger hub and i can only guess thats because there is an axle back there. I know the threads arent stripped and on the driver side the bleeder valve is OEM. IDK what to do. Its not like POURING out but still. Its a damn brake fluid leak. Weather its small or big no leak in the brake system is OK. Im at a loss and im to pissed off to even fuck with it right now. I tend to throw wrenches and punch shit when i get this pissed. So for the sake of my pocket im not bothering with it. Im going to try taking the nipples out and cleaning them individually and pumping the fluid out a little more incase there is some trash in there somewhere between the seal. I have like 2 sets of mitsubishi calipers laying around (not for the rear) ill pull those valves out and put them in and see whats up. Im just so discusted with this whole fucking process. It looks 50x better but from my experience it isnt worth the hassle.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Damn homie! sorry to hear that.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I'll take your word for it. but, the gsx rear calipers are the same as other eclipse/galant rear calipers from 95-2005.

I just looked up the part #s for some Rotora rotors. the gsx and v6 eclipse and v6 galant have the same part numbers. That should mean that the backing plates and hubs are the same? i dunno. what didnt fit?

I'll take your word for it. but, the gsx rear calipers are the same as other eclipse/galant rear calipers from 95-2005.

I just looked up the part #s for some Rotora rotors. the gsx and v6 eclipse and v6 galant have the same part numbers. That should mean that the backing plates and hubs are the same? i dunno. what didnt fit?
    Not exactly. IDK if CAPS mentions that but early 2g GSX made in 94 came with vented rear disks and the calipers were different as well.

On topic! Sorry to head that man, I should have sold you the calipers as well, and I know they were in good condition. See if the thread is stripped or the bleeder screw have an indentation or some damage to it
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

sounds like the threads are stripped. my swap took me 3 hours with my cuz helping me

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member

The backing plates are different. The hubs from a GSX are WAY bigger than the 2g and 7g fwd. The calipers may be the same and the e-brake assembly itself.

Experienced TGC Member
    Im about to go ouside and clean out these nipple holes.. i wonder if i suck them hard enough will i get milk? LOL. Anyways i called steven at R1 and pretty much no questions asked about the lines and new ones are being sent to me as we speak. Damn good customer service considering he could have been like "you bought this back in december so youre screwed" So a big shot out to them and a BIG A+ in my book!

write a positive review for them in our vendor review subforum.

Experienced TGC Member
    write a positive review for them in our vendor review subforum.
    I did that as well in their group buy thread.

yo mines took about 2 hrs. get a sebring or a gst for parts. not the gsx. everything is bigger and it uses diamante calipers front and rear.
    the gst uses galant calipers and mounting points front and rear.
    this is from self experience and swapping the hell outa parts for hours n hours inside of junk yards to cross reference and be certain of what fits my car.
    the sebring convertible coupe, non turbo eclipses, and gst eclipses are all the same. get the ebrake cables to cus theyre diferent inside for the ebrake shoes, i had to rig mine n it was hell. plus then u have to adjust the ebrake handle n thats hell also cus the srs ecu and center console are in ur way. while u r at it get the lower arm from the sebring or gst plus the links n sway bar. n throw it together n some ceramic pads all around. plus he obviose, new 94 gs galant rotors cus the others ar 5 lug... unless uve got a good eye and a strong ass drill bit acompanied by a torquey drill.

good luck

Experienced TGC Member
    Im done.. LOL. i forgot to update this thread. Ive never done much brake work really so my dumb ass tightened the bleeder screws too much and they crushed by the bleeder hole down by the tapered end. Now everything is working right and im waiting on my lines to arrive tomorrow for my dual pistons up front along with the drilled and slotted vr-4 rotors.

Experienced TGC Member
    here is a pic of the rear. Its just a quick shot. excuse the flaking paint. Im going to be going jdm soooooon! but now im getting little shit done.

yay. wasnt it worth it?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    did you swap the proportioning valve yet? that makes all the difference
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    did you swap the proportioning valve yet? that makes all the difference
    Not yet.. Ill do that eventually but not at this moment... Turbo first THEN ill stop better. LOL

well then technically, you're stopping power is worse. drum brakes require less pressure than discs to apply the same amount of clamping pressure, so by swapping the rears to discs, you're now putting even MORE load on the front calipers.

it's not much money and takes only an hour or so, it's worth it man, do it now....

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    Thats weird man. My car seems to stop better now and my drum brakes werent even worn out. I will do the swap but right now money is tight for the next month. I didnt realize i had to pay my credit card off so soon. where can i find the proportioning valve?

it "seems" to stop better because you're getting more of the nose-dive sensation; i thought the same thing for a little while till i really started to hammer down on the brakes.

as for finding the valve, gotta order it online or find it at your local junk yard. any 2G without ABS. or 7G with rear discs w/out ABS, but good luck with that.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast