The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Someone please help before i bash this fucking car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    so the proportioning valve makes that much a diference. next on my list lol.

and how do u get dual pistons? u need gsx front knuckles right? cus the calipers are bigger patern like the diamante n 300gt. which is the same setup for 8g galants.
    i notice the other day. but only the gsx has the bigger pattern and still has 2 lower arms like the galant. the 8g and diamante have 1 solid arm with 2 mounting points and 1 to hub. i was wondering if getting the hard to find gsx knuckle or will the diamante lower arm and single ball joint knuckle fit the 7 g?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crzejkr View Post

and how do u get dual pistons? u need gsx front knuckles right? cus the calipers are bigger patern like the diamante n 300gt. which is the same setup for 8g galants.
    i notice the other day. but only the gsx has the bigger pattern and still has 2 lower arms like the galant. the 8g and diamante have 1 solid arm with 2 mounting points and 1 to hub. i was wondering if getting the hard to find gsx knuckle or will the diamante lower arm and single ball joint knuckle fit the 7 g?

vr4 rotors and calipers and lines should be all you need.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    it's more than a difference. doing the disc swap without swapping the prop valves is actually a step backwards for performance.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    vr4 rotors and calipers and lines should be all you need.
    what year? ive phiscaly seen and know i can get the gsx. but what year vr4 can i get them off of?
    cus the gsx way would accept the gto 3000 gt TT 4 piston calipers and bigger rotors :)
    damn near closest thing to brembos.

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    it's more than a difference. doing the disc swap without swapping the prop valves is actually a step backwards for performance.
    ill pick it up next time im at the yards along with my new crank sensor before my car completely dies on me. early signs call for early fixes.

Experienced TGC Member
    what year? ive phiscaly seen and know i can get the gsx. but what year vr4 can i get them off of?
    cus the gsx way would accept the gto 3000 gt TT 4 piston calipers and bigger rotors :)
    damn near closest thing to brembos.
    Excuse me. I should have explained a little more. 92 galant vr4 is what you need the calipers and rotors from. PM spdracr and ask him what he got the brake calipers off of that he sold to me last year. Im not sure of the brackets are the same from the vr4 to the 7g but whatever he pulled the ones i bought from him off of is surely what you need to get them off of. When you go pull that prop valve pm me with a price if you can get 2 of them please.

Experienced TGC Member
    ill pick it up next time im at the yards along with my new crank sensor before my car completely dies on me. early signs call for early fixes.
    I wouldnt get a crank sensor from the junk yard. They are only like 65 bucks at the auto store. It would suck major balls if you got a dud from the yard and you had to redo allll that bullshit IMHO.

ill take it of a 2000 up galant. as long as i see its the same sensor.

Experienced TGC Member
    ill take it of a 2000 up galant. as long as i see its the same sensor.
    I will tell you from experience. Being cheap in this world will only get you into more shit than youll want to be in. Ive learned my lesson doing shit the cheap way. Its well worth my wait to make the extra money to buy the shit new but thats just me. People learn different then others. Good luck and LMK if u can find an extra proportioning valve please.

Experienced TGC Member
    so here is yet another update. Dual pistons are on along with the SS lines and cross drilled and slotted rotors. They look really nice tucked behind my 18's but in the fucking process i fucked up the male flare fitting thread. I thought i fixed them but on my test drive it still leaks. Oh well. There goes another 50 bucks and another week down.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    damn yo, you having the worse luck right now.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr View Post
    damn yo, you having the worse luck right now.
    Next time ill pay someone to do this shit. Ive built motors and havent had this much bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Next time ill pay someone to do this shit. Ive built motors and havent had this much bad luck.
    let me know if u need help that bad you could fly me up there and have me work on your car for you...lol
    jk take it easy itlle come together n be worth the pain in the end.

and for easier luck the proprtion valve is the same in sebring cuope convertibles and non turbo eclipses as long as its rear disc brakes.

ive seen them in the yards and they should be the same or maybey some line bending but itlle work. its just a pain getting the lil fuckers off.

im starpped for cash but next week ill be hiting up those valves. if you ned it bad just pay shipping on top of what i gt it for.
    ill keep you posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12