The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: never-ending lean condition: fuel pressure low? bad pump? VOODOO CURSE?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 73 of 73
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i thought so ^^

replaced the thermostat yesterday....it seems the a/f gauge's sweep is shifted off the range of the gauge now. when i go wot for a couple second, it barely touches the first green LED, just sits at the end of the yellow/stoich range. under hard or light engine braking, the gauge goes to the bottom of the red/lean and bottoms out so much it just disappears off the gauge....

i had this same problem when i did the blue-wire mod on my afc2.... i think my o2 is giving a weak reading, possibly the gauge itself is weakening it to the ECU....going to cut the wire for it today
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

swapped out my ECU for another 94 fedspec that i bought off ebay. BIG DIFFERENCE. narrowband a/f gauge is acting pretty normal now....it's still not exactly how it was back in the day when it had 80K miles.....but it's almost there.

gonna fix all my exhaust leaks tmrw and hopefully that helps the little extra bit

1994 Galant GS 5spd

glad your makin progress kid

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    :)
    03 I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Did you open up your old ECU matt and see if the capacitors have started to leak?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    damn matt i seem to be in the same boat, almost all stock and having fuel issues. i have the slowboy walbro 190 and respliced safc 2 wiring harness. the safc2 is gone but the fuel pump is still in. i have yet to check that. maybe my wiring repair job too...

i was told by the stealership that i had the fuel issue and they said my front and rear 02 sensors need to be replaced. could this have anything to do with fuel issues?

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03 View Post
    damn matt i seem to be in the same boat, almost all stock and having fuel issues. i have the slowboy walbro 190 and respliced safc 2 wiring harness. the safc2 is gone but the fuel pump is still in. i have yet to check that. maybe my wiring repair job too...

i was told by the stealership that i had the fuel issue and they said my front and rear 02 sensors need to be replaced. could this have anything to do with fuel issues?
    i'm 99.99% sure my afc2 is what caused the last 2 years of headache. ever since i put that POS in the car's been perpetually lean. now that i have a "new" ecu in there, car is almost back to normal. i know lots of DSM guys run it with no problems, but i guess some of us are blessed with weak ECUs.......

i replaced both my o2s and after replacing my pre-cat one, it helped a little bit. how many miles does your front o2 have? bad o2s usually put the car into a more rich condition.....

also make sure you solder everything. after i pulled my afc2 i just twisted the wires back together. about a month ago i soldered everythign and the readings were more consistent.

gonna patch up my exhaust today.... can't wait!

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    as far as i know both 02's have 60k miles on them
    is this something i can replace myself? i found the 02 sensors online. dealershit wanted 500ish before tax

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    its easy... rent the slotted socket at autozone ..its like removing a bolt

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Glad the new ECU helped out man.

Krispy: Is the SAFC harness still on the car? Or it was removed and your respliced the wires back to stock?
    7g for life!

get NGK branded sensors off ebay, the stealership will rape your bank account for o2 sensors

car is running about the same, but i have a pretty gnar exhaust leak in the downpipe that i can't get to.....so the exhaust isn't perfect yet. i took out my silencer when i drove home last night....jesus christ my exhaust is too loud

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    Hey man i still have the logger cable and keyspan if you want it. Any way you can get me a prop valve from 2g? I now see what you were saying when you said it NEEDS to be swapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Hey man i still have the logger cable and keyspan if you want it. Any way you can get me a prop valve from 2g? I now see what you were saying when you said it NEEDS to be swapped.
    yeah dude, putting discs in the back and keeping the stock prop valve is a big step backwards...you have PM

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234