The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: never-ending lean condition: fuel pressure low? bad pump? VOODOO CURSE?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 73
    damn kid. Well good luck...I am sure that if you are taking it to Art he can figure it out

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I am stumped as much as you are Matt.

Did you check your entire fuel system (pump, lines, filters, regulator, return) to see if there is anything related to your possible lean condition?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    checked them a million times
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    clean the injectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    clean the injectors?
    i ran injector cleaner on my old motor with the old injectors, blew the motor the next day...maybe had something to do with it? idk....

truthfully i havn't really thought about it on these "new" injectors that came with my "new" motor. good suggestion though...i'll bring it up when i take the car in. i'm done with it for now, i can't bear to look at it anymore, i've been living under the hood for the past month

kimya good call on taking it to arthur, will talk to him today....

1994 Galant GS 5spd

what blew your motor? i doubt injector cleaner can blow the motor.

what blew your motor? i doubt injector cleaner can blow the motor.
    i still have yet to pull my old one apart and look at it. no doubt the lean condition i'm suffering from now had a lot to do with it before.... i've been so busy trying to get this one running right so i'm not just swapping engines every 6 months i havn't had a chance to look at the old one

basically my old motor crankwalked; when i pushed in on the clutch, RPMs would drop considerably, and the engine would be shaking and vibrating when i gave it any heavy amount of throttle

1994 Galant GS 5spd

just got back from a trusted mechanic (arthur) and told him my whole sob story. basically he wants me to replace the pcv valve, thermostat, and get the injectors cleaned before he takes a look at it. said the ECU is also a concern since they're weak on the 94s (big surprise there *rolleyes*) he knows mitsus and drives/owns the starion that won at MOD a couple years back

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ok i'm being lazy and didn't chack to see if you mentioned it before, but are you running both O2 sensors the ECU looks for? Pre cat and Post cat. and then have you check ed the wiring and condition for both sensors?

ok i'm being lazy and didn't chack to see if you mentioned it before, but are you running both O2 sensors the ECU looks for? Pre cat and Post cat. and then have you check ed the wiring and condition for both sensors?
    yeah, both O2s are brand new. i know the wiring is legit, i dont know what you mean by checking the condition though. i mean the narroband a/f is basically a visual voltmeter...

1994 Galant GS 5spd

so do you know anyone that has a fuel pressure guage they can throw on it??? that can tell alot... i asure you if your fuel pressure was anywhere near 0 psi the car wouldnt run... lol alot of cars can end up in a crank no start over 5 psi!
    Diamond Star Motors - Turning ordinary people into mechanics since 1989.

i've been running my old aeromotive AFPR with gauge. set to factory spec, fuel pressure is normal. guess it's not fuel pressure.....

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Id try another ECU, maybe send the injectors off to get cleaned and flow tested. I dont trust injector cleaner.
    7g for life!

there is one more thing to check with a fuel pressure diagnostic guage... with the car running you should be able to press the button on the side (i am aware the aeromotive fpr wont have this) and get about an ounce per second out of it... this is a rule of thumb for about any port injection vehicle... if its way low from that its your filter, pump, or both... if thats good then its injectors or tune..

i installed a new PCV valve tonight, new thermostat going in over the weekend, ordered a "new" ECU off ebay (same part #), sending the injectors off to RC in culver city to get cleaned ($24 per, ugh).

after i do all of this, if nothing's changed then when the motor blows i'm getting a new car.

which really makes me a little sad realizing i'm not that bummed......

1994 Galant GS 5spd

lol man the sad truth is its a mitsubishi, and i love them to death but they can be a real headache!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    i installed a new PCV valve tonight, new thermostat going in over the weekend, ordered a "new" ECU off ebay (same part #), sending the injectors off to RC in culver city to get cleaned ($24 per, ugh).

after i do all of this, if nothing's changed then when the motor blows i'm getting a new car.

which really makes me a little sad realizing i'm not that bummed......
    dibs on the G's carcas.
    As far as the o2's. are you sure the wire for the front o2 is connected to the front sensor, and not have them switched backwards. i'm sure the readings are different. you might try switching the wires around just to see. Aren't the connectors for both side by side on the intake manny?

dibs on the G's carcas.
    As far as the o2's. are you sure the wire for the front o2 is connected to the front sensor, and not have them switched backwards. i'm sure the readings are different. you might try switching the wires around just to see. Aren't the connectors for both side by side on the intake manny?
    lol DAMN dude, i would have to be so retarded to switch the rear with the front. maybe on your car it's different but the rear o2 is post cat for me, and the wiring for that one goes into the body of the car right next to it. the front o2's wiring goes straight up to the clip by the fuel injector rail.....switching these two around would require some serious stupidity

oh and believe me, i'll have a field day parting out this car lol

1994 Galant GS 5spd

god...I remember when this car was green! Don't let it go...put it on the shelf, get a daily and work on this when you have time

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Its just a car, its not worth the headache if your current solutions don't fix it, Sell it and buy a BMW ;)

And its not the o2 sensor. If the front o2 sensor was bad, the ECU would run in a limp mode which is a predefined map in the ECU and is richer then normal I do believe.
    7g for life!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast