The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AC Rattling Noise

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

AC Rattling Noise

When I have my AC running, I can hear rattling. When I turn off the AC but leave the vent fans on, the rattling stops...I know its not my heat sheilds because I found the loose one and put another clamp over it. It kind of sounds like a low-pitched whine. Any ideas?

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS

If you can imagine, it kinda sounds like Roger Rabbit and that really annoying raspberry noise he makes...this is the only thing to compare it to. Im worried my AC fan needs replaced.

So I got under the hood, and the sound is coming from my fans but cant tell which one...But I found another problem. My AC line is frozen over. When I touched it, it was like touching dry ice, my finger stuck to it. Any ideas?

i have a similar problem, but mine is the clutch for the compressor, its makes a weird wirling sound
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Quote Originally Posted by HOT04GTS View Post
    So I got under the hood, and the sound is coming from my fans but cant tell which one...But I found another problem. My AC line is frozen over. When I touched it, it was like touching dry ice, my finger stuck to it. Any ideas?
    The A/C lines WILL be cold on the low pressure side, Freon gets EXTREMELY cold itself. The problem is most like the A/C clutch plate rattling. Have someone look under the hood when you engage the A/C and see if they can pinpoint the noise.

sorry to resurrect this thread but i need help with the same issue i believe. The noise started a few days ago. It sounds like a rattle or like something hitting a spinning fan. The sound only happens when the a/c compressor is engaged. Ac still blows cold like nothing is wrong. What could i be looking at? Is this a symptom of low oil, a leak maybe, or is something going out....2004 Mitsubishi Galant SE