The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Legnum VR4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Legnum VR4

Only popped on, speaking to one of your members on another forum, have heard about this place, but my car doesnt really relate to the USDM 8th gen, nor does my knowledge as the USDM car is very different to the UKDM and JDM deriartives

So after reading a few posts, I am guessing this is the car that most here want, and seems to be a bit of rare beast for you guys.

Ill start from the top I suppose for you guys
    March last year I picked up my Legnum, had Galants since I was 18 starting off with the 2.5V6 24V here in the uk, then another one of them before getting Sophie *yes I have named her*
    When I bought her

A day later she went onto the Facelift wheels, so I could spray the BBS alloys, I also fitted the Super VR4 front splitters

Few hours later she then sat like this

After a week or so, the black started to upset me slightly, I had gone write off it, and the BBS alloys needed new tyres, so out came hte facelift wheels with good tyres, these promptly got sprayed gold, as I hate silver wheels

As you can see I also sprayed the black, back to white

She then went to her first outing with me Japfest

Didnt really do much to her, untill december when she really got on my wick and cost me a lot of money I didnt have,

Started misfiring, ended up doing new plugs all around, fun job, take half the engine to bits to do them, a new coil pack. I also found out my Carbotech track pads had anhilated my EBC turbo groove discs, and the discs had fractured, new discs and pads, was not happy as the carbotech pads were only 4 months old, and one had worn down to the metal.
    Also got a new wheel bearing aswell, again not cheap, then the exhaust went

So she came off the road for a month, time to sort out my stone chipped bumper and the very poor paintwork

As you can see the bumper was prepped very well when done originally then again it is the back of bumper and when I sprayed it I didnt even bother to clean it, front was my only concern

Painted up

I then decided to put my headlights yellow using a tint film

One thing lead to another and the roof ended up being vinyled satin black which I love so much

A week or so later these turned up, 3" stainless steel RPW downpipes

Accompanied by a custom made 3" full system, with zero silencers

As she sits now

2.5V6 Twin Turbo, not much changed under here, have cleaned it a lot, keep meaning to get pics, but she is seriously clean under there

Ignore the dirty wheels they are dead need complete refurb and wont be on the car much longer, the bbs alloys are going back on

Not really done that much to her that I havnt listed already
    Interior wise she has a car pc

A lovely beige leather interior

boost at 10psi

walbro 255lph fuel pump
    Bailey DV26 BOV

She is getting there slowly, hope you enjoy the pics if you wanna know anything about her just ask
    Last edited by Kyleg; 04-07-2009 at 07:25 PM Reason: missed img tag

looks awesome!! Wecome

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    looks good!

nice! paint the side skirts white and get the rear lips to complete the SUPER VR4 lines.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    awesome blossom!

Experienced TGC Member
    Sexy ride man. What were the odds of me meeting a fellow galant owner on a traxxas forum? LOL

Cheers all.
    The rest of the SVR4 kit is like rocking horse poo :(
    You can get it from speedshop in australia or newzealand, but it works out well over $2000 just for the side skirts, rear lip and spoiler to get here, then paint and prep its not really worth it unfortunatly, so it will probably end up with the cyber skirts, and rear bumper is undecided. Although as the car will be turned into a JGTC rep it might have a custom made rear bumper.

Ideally aswell I would like a c/f bonnet, but they only do them with evo scoops or without, I dont want either, I want a small triangular vent above the airbox

Side skirts and door strips have to be repainted, as the p/o went for the SVR4 look with satin black, which turned out be a complete nightmare to remove, couldnt even get red oxide primer to stick to it after flatting it and panel wiping it, the door strips are going to be an absolute PITA! to fix now, as the paint thats on there hasnt stuck properly to the primer, ideally they need to be removed and repainted, not sure if I can do that or not yet

Side skirts need to come off soon, one of the clips that holds it on the drivers side has come loose, and is lodge in there and now rattles and clonks over every bump

Looks beautiful! Nice work.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Thanks guys, to be honest its really nice to share the car with you guys over here there are a fair few of us, and you talk on the internet between each other and the cars become, how to put it, less special? Because we know the cars, and we can see them quite often, but for you guys who sadly cant really get a hold of these which is a crying shame, they are so much fun, you really appreciate them :D

So its nice for me to share Sophie with you guys, shame I cant really bring it to any meets for you all to see in the flesh :(

MMMMM! Legnum!! Really nice, i like the gold rims with the white dont take them off!!

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

The gold suited it, up untill the roof went black, now they just look out of place, plus I will be sticking with a black and white theme, and there will be lots of powder coated bits soon

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    lol if u need JDM sideskirts... contact trig! also needs a drop i was gunna say more aggressive sides as well but looks real nice! love the flat black looking roof

Dropping is not an option unfortunatly, the SVR4 splitters catch on the floor as it is, and they are not cheap or easy to get a hold of :(

Quote Originally Posted by ZigenScarface View Post
    lol if u need JDM sideskirts... contact trig! also needs a drop i was gunna say more aggressive sides as well but looks real nice! love the flat black looking roof
    Sorry, didnt see this properly, the roof is just sating black vinyl sheet, something I was toying with the idea of doing for a while, and with vinyl if it looked awfull I could easily rip it off if it looked bad.

Side skirts, it will probably end up with cyber ones, quite like the look of them, or I might make my own up, thinking of getting another set of standard skirts and cutting them to fit the ones already on there to make them a bit lower, should be doable, dont know yet

Cleaned and shiney at Japfest show now with the black BBS alloys back on with some new rubber Toyo Proxies T1R's

yum

TGC Regular
    Nice Leggie :D
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

Getting there, just need to finish the lights on it, clear sides and yellow fogs, although I am toying with the idea of selling her, she is ending up as the family work horse, I would rather see someone enjoy the car for what it is than me using it for carrying the dog, and supplies and products in work.

Last week was alot of running around in her doing deliverys, picking stuff up. Maybe get rid now while the market is still ok and doesnt drop anymore.

Putting to many miles on now, and I just dont use the car to its full potential anymore, its great fun, but I have no where and no way of using it properly.

Not only that I have been offered a 400bhp Skyline R33 GTR quite cheap aswell, but on the other hand I am also hankering after something RWD

who knows, will see how it goes, either I sell her now whilst she is in good condition, or run her into the ground

That is always a hard decision to make.

Keep the car and run it dead, or sell it to recoup some cost and upgrade.

Whichever decision you make, good luck and I hope you have fun running this car or getting something just as fun!

looks really good!

i want a legnum. :(
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast