The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help please! intake tube

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

help please! intake tube

guys where can i get a stainless tube for 7g like this online? i want to replace my stock rubber tube. can i buy this tube only? please help me with a link or store. permission to the owner of this pix. TIA

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Rubber wont heatsoak nearly as much as the stainless will, from a performance view don't bother.

thanks sir! your right! but i am also considering it for aesthetics purpose if i can buy the tube only for cheaper price.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    thats da_gal's engine bay and he has the CAI intake tutorial online on youtube.. now the short ram with that pipe only has a good sound and is better than the rubber but id go CAI

and for the pipe.. buy a little pipe from pepboys or somewhere buy couplers and buy a breather for the head.. do you have the adapter on the MAS for an aftermaket filter cuz if not the upper pipe is useless for you
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 06-23-2009 at 12:44 AM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    thats da_gal's engine bay and he has the CAI intake tutorial online on youtube.. now the short ram with that pipe only has a good sound and is better than the rubber but id go CAI

and for the pipe.. buy a little pipe from pepboys or somewhere buy couplers and buy a breather for the head.. do you have the adapter on the MAS for an aftermaket filter cuz if not the upper pipe is useless for you
    thanks bro! i have already the filter and maf adaptor with the stock tube. Sir do you know a link online where i can get this pipe?I'm from the philippines. I'll just ask someone to buy it for me. thanks!

I love it...sir...you are so proper. I wonder ( no real reason) how old are you? ANYWAYS, like the guys said, if you are gonna get the metal pipe...go ahead and make a CAI. You'll actually notice a difference. The short ram is just a noise maker. Although, you may consider (as I have) heat wrapping whatever piping that will be sitting in the engine bay. I just havent gotten around to doing that yet. Good luck!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

35 years old sir! I don't if i can do the cai. car components are really expensive here and sometimes i get across flooded waters especially when it rained hard.it might suck some. lol

hmm.. ebay for an integra short ram could work for you i think idk but it has the 90 degree elbow and the nipple for the recirc tube.. you cut right before that little nipple to make it fit our cars

and heatwrap didnt change anything on my short ram so dont waste the time or money
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

^^^Good to know! I have a short ram now and I was hoping the heat wrapping would help. Dah well!

Hey Rom...where you live that shit is so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    ^^^Good to know! I have a short ram now and I was hoping the heat wrapping would help. Dah well!

Hey Rom...where you live that shit is so expensive?
    hey bro where did you get your short ram? any pix? haha. Actually theres no available cai for 7g here in Phils so we opt for it to be fabricated which makes it expensive about $300 without the filter. your lucky you can easily buy them online.

TGC Regular
    we cant buy them online... there are no cai setups made for our car... if you really want to buy a kit go to ebay and get one for a 2nd gen eclipse.... Its very easy to do if you have a pepboys and a home depot near you...

here are some tutorials...
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=17848

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=6450

in order to do a ram air all you do is get the 4-3 pipe coupler from depot or lowes.... and then go to an auto parts store and get a pipe there... they arent real metal at pepboys... but honestly if your going ram air it doesnt really matter.... what you should do is relocate your batt tray and then put you intake there... that way its not too low to risk hydrolocking but it will still be in front of the motor so it will suck in cooler air that then the ram air...
    I hope this helps

^^^What he said. I have a wapon R short ram (waste of money). I bought it years ago when the price was reasonable. The problem is that these assholes didnt do something right and you have to cut most of the pipe off. We would have to make our own CAI here as well and if you look in the right places it can be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    ^^^What he said. I have a wapon R short ram (waste of money). I bought it years ago when the price was reasonable. The problem is that these assholes didnt do something right and you have to cut most of the pipe off. We would have to make our own CAI here as well and if you look in the right places it can be cheap.
    the weapon r for our cars is actually for the 2g spyder and the fitment is off cuz of the differing battery locations.. they went by same engine not same engine bay when they put that as a 7g part

and dont get a custom 1 made as its worthless to pay so much for such little gains.. the upper pipe is nice but it is the same as what you have now just better looking

and like i said look into an integra short ram as that is what the upper pipe in your first pic is from
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

thanks for the links and comments! really appreciate all of them. i'll try to find a fabricator here maybe they can modify pipe from another car.