The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cut intakebox/losspower

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Cut intakebox/losspower

I was bored about a week ago so I cut the side part of my intake box to create better airflow and kept the fender duct as well. My car is much louder but a HUGE loss in power how could this be?lol

Do i need to do like those lego honda kids do and take off my neg. battery terminal to reset my ecu?

Or was cutting my box up just a dumb move on my part???

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Omg

edit: don't want to hurt ur feelings
    03 I4

ebay intake 25 bucks
    cut up stock intake priceless lol

reseting your ecu wont help
    just duct tape up the hole

Experienced TGC Member
    I dont see how this would add anything. On the other hand i dont see how it would harm anything either. Hmmmmmm. IDK. Good luck!

TGC Regular
    Idk i would try resetting the ecu... it cant hurt... but there is a big possibility that it wont change anything. I dont see why that would make you lose power... Looks like you need an mafs adaptor and a cone filter... Did your rpms drop at idle?? Or just in general did it lose power?

I Know u need to put back that negative battery connection
    03 I4

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Its really weird what you did and Im not sure at all how many people reallly do this kind of thing so you must of been board the fuck out of your mind man. But no cutting into your box did not do anything to your HP....if anything why didnt you just get a air filter off of ebay? Its not like youll gain much at all and you deff wont feel much has changed but also I really doubt youll loose power and how you would know you lost HP. What makes you think you lost HP?

remember he got butt Dyno LOLOL
    03 I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    how bored were you bro???

most ppl just unclip stock air boxes and run them that way but thats bad too.. i dont like that you cut it but go on ebay get the adapter and filter for like 30 bucks and call it a day and then go from there.. or go to a junkyard and get the part you cut off another G
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

i gotta try that on my 8g along with the blue shyts wow just wow

It was mearly one of those things were you just say, "fuck Ill see what happens kinda thing". and come to find out its the uglyest thing and stupidest thing ive ever brained up, baha. My car dosnt pull nearly as much as it did when the box was sealed, it just sounds like my engine is underwater when I get on itlol

really for shits, giggles, and comments!

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    Did your rpms drop at idle?? Or just in general did it lose power?
    well after i put the neg terminal back on, i started it back up started fine, got to a stop sign and my idle was droping to the point the car was going to die, but i think that happens when you reset the ecu regardless. Ill put in low gear, get the RPMs to 3k punch it and it just completley falls on its face BUT with a stunningly aggressive growl hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    how bored were you bro???

go on ebay get the adapter and filter for like 30 bucks and call it a day and then go from there.. or go to a junkyard and get the part you cut off another G
    YES SIR, my intentions exactly=mafs adapt. run piping down to lower fog light opening, and hang the piping with hope and luck!

ya i don't see why you would do that. but get a new box or i can seel you my old CAI. all it needs is a filter.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    ya i don't see why you would do that. but get a new box or i can seel you my old CAI. all it needs is a filter.
    well i plan on going to pik n pull tomarrow but can you send me pics of what it looks like?