The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trunk shock?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    Nice. If i was wanting to get some like yours, what would i look for (what model year and what car)?
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

these are for a 03 Lancer

TGC Regular
    QNZ, were they hard to modify to fit our trunks? If you have any other pix please post them so I can see where they needed to be mounted. Looks like you kinda have to mount one side of the kit and see where the opposite end falls, then rivet it down. Does this sound right to you?

You dont have to "modify" anything really. But is is exactly like you said. I mounted one end first and then see where the other end falls and then riveted that in. If you notice my first pic, that black gob is waterproof silicone from the hole i drilled for following the Lancer directions. Then I realized that it would not work for my trunk and then just freestyled it.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    You dont have to "modify" anything really. But is is exactly like you said. I mounted one end first and then see where the other end falls and then riveted that in. If you notice my first pic, that black gob is waterproof silicone from the hole i drilled for following the Lancer directions. Then I realized that it would not work for my trunk and then just freestyled it.

Cool...Thanks for the tip man. I kinda figured doing that way might be better since no direction were written for us to do this mod. I even contacted Redline about this and they had no idea that some of us were using their Lance kit on our trunks. I met those guys at NOPI a few years back and they tried to figure out a way to do our trunks, but gave up and said it wouldn't work well. Glad you guys are "rigging" up a way to "GETTER DUN!!"

Getting ready to mount mine... Just wanted to comment so I can find this easier.
    T.I. 04 BUILD YOUR OWN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12