The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Top Speed

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 195
    Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Gotta catch me to get a ticket.. but i did get a ticket like a year ago, but i was for having dangerous material in my car or something like that, dont really know what your supposed to call it, but it was for the 3 nitrous bottles in the car..lol.. o well..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

00GTZ00

Re: top speed

Quote Originally Posted by Mante

Only reason I know is because I was paced by a bike
    What bike? you know that bikes speedos are allways wrong.. they typically are off by 5% to 10% at those speeds although it varys from bike to bike and year to year. Just thought you would like to know...

I have had my GTZ (totally stock at the time) up to around 130 as well. I remember reading a while back that the I4 did not have the same fuel cut off as the V6. Maybe that is why so many I4 drivers claim to have hit 140.......

Quote Originally Posted by 00GTZ00

Only reason I know is because I was paced by a bike
    What bike? you know that bikes speedos are allways wrong.. they typically are off by 5% to 10% at those speeds although it varys from bike to bike and year to year. Just thought you would like to know...
    2002 R1, but its been proved on "other" occasions as well

As far as speeding tickets...heh, havent had one in about 2 years....love the radar detector( Whistler 745 sti, my best investment never leave home without it, damn american express)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyc004
    Maybe that is why so many I4 drivers claim to have hit 140.......
    I really dont like that comment

UK Adieu

top speed

sorry guys i got the uk v6-24 had mine up to 147mph...

speeding

Fastest i have ever gone is 115mph

One speeding ticket in 2 years i was doin 72 in a 50. lolo ----> Right b4 that is when i did my fastest 115mph.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Quote Originally Posted by UK Adieu
    sorry guys i got the uk v6-24 had mine up to 147mph...
    is that the 2.5L 6a13 or what? that engine cover looks different from mine

Quote Originally Posted by crazyc004
    Maybe that is why so many I4 drivers claim to have hit 140.......
    I really dont like that comment
    Neither do I.. i dont make claims, i back everything up.. You live out in West Palm, maybe i should make a trip out there and you can see for yourself.. :twisted:
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

What was wrong with my comment??

Guy's I was not implying that anyone was not being honest, just that you hear alot more US spec I4 owners claiming to be able to go over 130mph then you do V6 owners..... If you guy's dont have a speed limiter the same as we do, the I am envious of you! However, Shane, I will not argue if you want to take a trip down here to show me a 140mph + Galant, I would love the ride! :twisted:

Like I said, I have only gotten mine up to 130 (give or take 1mph), and since I sold my bike I have not gotten a chance to break that speed!

Personally, I miss the feeling of flying at low altitude.......

first, speedometers are very inacurate in the higher band, you would have to get it calibrated first to make sure it really is 140.

ahh and i got pulled over numerous times for going between 115 and 135....in a 55 ..never got a ticket for it yet
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyc004)</div><div class='quotemain'>Guy's I was not implying that anyone was not being honest, just that you hear alot more US spec I4 owners claiming to be able to go over 130mph then you do V6 owners..... If you guy's dont have a speed limiter the same as we do, the I am envious of you! However, Shane, I will not argue if you want to take a trip down here to show me a 140mph + Galant, I would love the ride! Â*:twisted: Â*

Like I said, I have only gotten mine up to 130 (give or take 1mph), and Â*since I sold my bike I have not gotten a chance to break that speed! Â*

Personally, I miss the feeling of flying at low altitude.......</div>

That prevoius comment just didnt come across right...only thing you left off was a sarcastic remark. If thats not what you ment I withdrawl my complaint, Im pretty sure shane will do the same.

FRCfd6: damn you pulled over heh, at those speeds most cops in my area say fuck it unless the rookies and have something to prove. Then again if IM wot at top, sorry maybe next week lol first off ramp, few turns and chill.

My bad, if i got on the defensive about your post, it just sounded werid..

120. most i ever went... i got shook as hell cuz i was comin up to a curv and the whole whip tilted... guess i shoulda tried in on a straight road...
    anthony

mitsu4G64

the fuel cut off

hey would jetting your chip get rid of that fuel cut off thats the only thing i can think of that would get rid of that cut off

Re: the fuel cut off

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsuI4)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey would jetting your chip get rid of that fuel cut off thats the only thing i can think of that would get rid of that cut off</div>

THe only such way is to get your computer re-programmed, i know a couple guyz who did mine for me.. NOt as easy as you think.. I had planned on getting a stand alone system but there isnt one for our application..

Faction
    seriously people, i vomitted when i hit 120! LOL :oops:

I have an I4 never even got close to that, when I first got it 2yrs ago I went to VA beach from NYC there was lots of straight aways, for miles and never got it past 120 the car would struggle. Besides most cars r gov regulated only to do double the speed limit (55 to 65) give or take a few mph. It all depents on your cars computer program..
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

TGC Regular
    i dont have an 8g but ill post anyway

fastest in my 92 is 105mph (it was maxed as far as it could go :cry: ) on the interstate and 109mph going down hill on a 4 lane

and 120mph in my friends Nissan Stanza and i was with him when he burried the needle at 130mph and i dont know how much faster he went after it burried.

ive been pulled over 3 times

1) For my blue neon light in the back window, he let me go

2) He just put his lights on and pulled up next to me and told me to turn on my lights cause it was dark and i forgot to turn them on. :oops:

3) For a headlight being out in my parents car. but this turned into more. i ended up with 3 warnings. for the out headlight, not having my licence on me, and failing to yield to emergency vehical (i pretended i didnt see him and i drove a little bit and then turned to the left side of the road in a driveway so he couldnt give me a ticket on private property) :oops:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast