The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Top Speed

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 195
    CrazyGalant
    135 on a 99 V6

Tickets..... In the Galant I have gotten 2..... Both for speeding, 1 radared at 98mph on the FL Turnpike, I was going a little over a 100 and slowed down a little before I hit a bridge (since I couldnt see what was on the other side), and sure enough there was FHP. The other time, I was on I-95, had a few beers and was fucking around with an eclipse. I broke out, he broke out, I cut across 3 lanes put it over 100, cut back to the right 4 lanes, then saw a set of headlights breakout from the right lane in an attempt to catch up, me thinking it was the eclipse decided to give it more of a run, turns out I was trying to give another FHP officer a run. :shock: He figured since he had to go over 120 to catch me that I had to have been doing at least 100 So, he wrote me for a pace clock at 100+. BTW, these were listed in reverse order, the last one happened first. Both sucked and costed alot of $$$.... Time to invest in a radar detector....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyc004)</div><div class='quotemain'>Time to invest in a radar detector....</div>

Black widow radar Jammer! or something of the sortz Yea itwill cost you roughly 400 but looking at cops smack the radar gun is priceless. if it canwork in a heavily modded vette it can keep a galant safe! Oh yea invest in the FOP stickers, pay 35 a year to get the stupid stickers BUT when cops see it they "usually" go easier on you...and it has worked for me several times lol

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyc004)</div><div class='quotemain'>Time to invest in a radar detector....</div>

Oh yea invest in the FOP stickers, pay 35 a year to get the stupid stickers BUT when cops see it they "usually" go easier on you...and it has worked for me several times lol</div>

whats an FOP?

Fraternal Order of Police

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>Fraternal Order of Police</div>

which means?

Damn fuel cutoff, I speed way too much and hit that cutoff way too often

I still havent had a speeding ticket since 1997 though, maybe I should invest in a good radar detector so i can stay that way.

Digging for camera and taking pictures at high speeds should only be done by trained professionals

IllestGalant
    140 and not a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Galant Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    Fraternal Order of Police
    which means?
    Im guessing you dont know any cops, if all possible get the FOP tag cover...its like cop repellant

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    top speed 120 - 125 can't remeber accurately

i've gotten caught speeding. however, i only have two, one for 83 on a 55 ( I was doing 95 but saw him first) and 73 on a 55 (Did not see the cop at all, i only say the headlights when they turned on as a passed the cop) a third, i was doing about 90 on a 55 but the cop was out side the car and i slowed down, that's how he caught me. he could not give that the speeding, he gave me a ticket for my tint.

i got caught doing 78 on a 65 last sunday but the state trooper let me go. (I am very polite to officers)
    -Pedro

couple of words of advice~~

I have a 2001 almost stock~ minor mods which remain anonymous as always since my G-Rocket is a sleeper~ i have hit 136 in a 2001~ i have a 99 ECU in i~ 99's dont have a cut off but you CAN NOT do more then 136 in a stok I4~ i have not maxed out yet after the mods but im thinking i wouod hit 140's. I mean for anyone living in the tri-state area you know that NJ turnpike is funnnnnnnnnnnnn~~~~ and watching people's face when i floor the pedal ands the nos shoots in (that is the only mod you can know about) is willld and hotttt

luxcrusr2000
    Been up to 115 on the Florida Turnpike going to Lake County. As for tickets, I got two of them in late September-early October of last year:
    1: 74/55 in Oakland on SR 50, wasn't paying attention to my speed and he nailed me. :oops:
    2: Failure to obey a posted device in Orlando, on my way home from work and didn't realize how fast I was going, looked in my rear view mirror and saw an FHP Camaro with lights on behind me. Realized I was doing 65 in a 45 and pulled over. He was nice to me and gave me an $80 ticket for failure to obey the speed limit sign, instead of what could have been over a $200 ticket for 65 in a 45. :shock:
    I've slowed down since then.

Experienced TGC Member
    in my 97 g-ride 115 was my highest before I freaked out (was on open highway goin to boston), only got 1 speedin ticket, so far, back when I was 18 doin 85 in a 45 stupid cop was hiding in a bush or somethin.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

I got pulled over in 97 in my 90 passat doing 92 in a 50...right before that I was doing 125...I didn't have a FOP card then

right now I got 1 and it's a get out of Jail free card..no doubt
    2 weeks ago I got nailed making a left turn thru a red light in East Brunswick, New Jersey, right in front of an unmarked cop car..MY LUCK...showed the card and was told "to have a Nice Night Sir"...
    that cop was pissed...that woulda been a lovely ticket to write out...
    the cop peeled away from the scene, before I was even ready to pull out

oh and in the G the fastest was a hundred and change

speeding tickets and insurance increases cost too much...don't need anymore
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Experienced TGC Member
    MrJaYdEeOnE it was your damn SI cops that gave me the ticket, on richmond passin by the mall. SI cops are always up everyones ass, brooklyn cops sit around watch ball games in store windows. lol
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>MrJaYdEeOnE it was your damn SI cops that gave me the ticket, on richmond passin by the mall. Â*SI cops are always up everyones ass, brooklyn cops sit around watch ball games in store windows. lol</div>
    lol lol

I got nailed in Staten Island too...that was on the West Shore Expressway
    I usually dont get bothered by staten Island cops now....I keep getting stopped in Jersey though
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

I've never taken my Galant past 115ish, but now that people are saying the '99's might not have a limiter, I'm going to have to see if it's true.

I've only been pulled over once in my entire life and wouldn't you know, I get pulled over by a crooked piece of s!#$. His name is Officer Tartaglione, a Briarcilff, NY cop, who has since been thrown off the force. I came around a corner doing around 60 in a 45 and he was standing next to a car that he had pulled over. I slowed down to 45 and passed him as he started walking back to his car, About 20 seconds later he comes out of nowhere and pulls me over telling me that I was doing 72. He was screaming at me about how I flew by him and almost ran him over. What a bunch of crap! I didn't talk back or anything, I just took the ticket and pleaded not guilty. In court, he pulled me aside and was happy that I didn't give him an attitude or any excuses, so he dropped it to 55 in a 45. He's still a dick though. That was over 4 years ago just before I got my Galant.

Tiptronic
    fastest that i have ever gone was about 110. car started shaking a bit, and i punked out so i slowed down. just testing and thats fast enough for me. for me its not how fast i can go, but more of how fast i can get to that speed

i agree w/ ya anthony, its that torque that i want - i want to get off the line quick, but that'll never happen w/o a sc or t! -

besides and back 2 the topic, i've buried the needle many times drving north n south on 75 to and from fl. and on the turnpike, and yeah the g-ride does shake a bit at the high of a speed, but since then, i've cooled down with that, theres no damn need for it, know what i mean!!
    Semper Fi'

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MITSU_I4)</div><div class='quotemain'>fastest that i have ever gone was about 110. Â*car started shaking a bit, and i punked out so i slowed down. Â*just testing and thats fast enough for me. Â*for me its not how fast i can go, but more of how fast i can get to that speed</div>

Defintly agree with that. My goal in the things I plan to do to my car is not really to achieve a massivly high speed, and not to achieve good 1/4 mile times. I want to be able to go from crusing speed around 40mph and be able to floor it from that point and get up to top speed asap. More interested in 60-100mph times, then 0-60.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast