The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Top Speed

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 195
    i've heard of the cutoffs. i've raced people way past 100 but both eyes have been on the road so i usually only catch a glimse after i've started slowing down. aren't any roads around here good enough for a top speed run. maybe in central texas but not here. but my 4 cyl. has surprised me...and the guys who just lost the race!

only tickets are 45 in a 30 in my VR6 Jetta (dumbass cop said it was 30 from the onramp to the highway...yeah...if i want to get killed!) and parking in a no parking zone at the street races. (i was the dumbass on that one)

Senior TGC Member
    Well, I guess there are tradeoffs between the 99 and 00 model cars...some good for each party and some bad I'm not too worried though...I mean how often am I going to be "cruising" at above 120 mph?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member
    Its really a 30 second modification to remove the speed limiter. Not a good idea if you dont have the tires and driving skill for it.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

ewgiii
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Its really a 30 second modification to remove the speed limiter. Â*Not a good idea if you dont have the tires and driving skill for it.</div>
    so ur saying there's a mod that will remove the speed limiter????? how???

That was on my way to NOPI last year....
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    most i've ever hit was 115, i would have kept going, but i ran out of room. i dont think i've ever actually tried to hit a top speed, its on my to do list. lets just say this, it took me FOREVER to get to 115 after i hit 110.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Its really a 30 second modification to remove the speed limiter. Â*Not a good idea if you dont have the tires and driving skill for it.</div>

I second that comment, when I see people excited about hitting 115 I only think they should stop while they are ahead.

Chromegalant: good idea with the camera, I never think about it when I behind the wheel guess Im to busy messing with people lol

BlankMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>Chromegalant: good idea with the camera, I never think about it when I behind the wheel guess Im to busy messing with people Â*lol</div>

Or - maybe because both hands are on the wheel ?!?!

J

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>Chromegalant: good idea with the camera, I never think about it when I behind the wheel guess Im to busy messing with people Â*lol</div>

J</div>

hahaha, i use to keep a camera in my car, but then i took some pics, and well lets just say, the camera is somewhere on I-95..lmao
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>Chromegalant: good idea with the camera, I never think about it when I behind the wheel guess Im to busy messing with people Â*lol</div>

J</div>

hahaha, i use to keep a camera in my car, but then i took some pics, and well lets just say, the camera is somewhere on I-95..lmao</div>

I got to show you this clip I took (rare camera footage) while on I81 running with this cat in a Taurus. Story ended when my radar dectector went off on a high alert level, me slammin on breaks letting him go back. Him getting picked up on radar and him eventually getting pulled over by the VA trooper. To bad I didnt have it on the entire time

UK Adieu

top speed

guess we're kinda lucky in the UK our cars don't have the limiter

Had mine up to 145mph give or take some. :twisted:

All kinda gets a bit scary at that speed though. :shock:

ThePhreaker
    110 in my 2001 V6 Galant. I would've kept going if there wasn't any traffic ahead of me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got pulled over in 97 in my 90 passat doing 92 in a 50...right before that I was doing 125...I didn't have a FOP card then

right now I got 1 and it's a get out of Jail free card..no doubt
    2 weeks ago I got nailed making a left turn thru a red light in East Brunswick, New Jersey, right in front of an unmarked cop car..MY LUCK...showed the card and was told "to have a Nice Night Sir"...
    that cop was pissed...that woulda been a lovely ticket to write out...
    the cop peeled away from the scene, before I was even ready to pull out

oh and in the G the fastest was a hundred and change

speeding tickets and insurance increases cost too much...don't need anymore</div>

***dont try this at home***

wanna kno something real funny, I read your post before I went for alittle drive into northern VA tonight. On the way back me doing 115-120ish on 95 north I see a car parked in the median, now my mind at that point is "if my pride and joy (radar detector) didnt pick it up must be a broke down car." NOPE VA trooper Im guessing he saw a car comin up on him fast and finally decides to turn on the radar, Im hit with a pulse on 7 by that time I can see the expression on his face lol split second I realized I was roughly a mile from the state line, heh before that big crown vic was at speeds Im already doing 138....Unbelieveably he actually turned on his lights point blank didnt matter if I got a flat I could coast into MD....should have been an ass an put on the hazards lol j/k

this time I wasnt in the Lant.... the benz tends to handle higher mph alittle better lol Hmm I wonder why

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Its really a 30 second modification to remove the speed limiter. Â*Not a good idea if you dont have the tires and driving skill for it.</div>
    so ur saying there's a mod that will remove the speed limiter????? how???</div>

Dont know what the 8g ecu looks like, but in the 7gs there are 2 resistors in a special spot that you just clip off..speed limit gone.

Look it up on the web I dont feel like telling everyone exactly how to do it, and poeple trying to hit 180mph, tires explode, piston flies throug the hood, and it somehow becomes my fault lol.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

/coughing starts
    155MPH
    no speeding tickets yet, touch wood
    /coughing ends

if it took the limiter off im sure i could get more out of the car, it was cruising up at a very steady speed, right up to 153/4 then ground to a halt, took about 1/2 mile to get it from 153/154 to 155 bit of a joke really, but once DTA unit is fitted, no more limiter.. weeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
    <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve</span>
    <span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Mods
    HKS Super Drager Exhaust - <span style='color:#969696'>Dec 02 </span>
    HKS Induction - <span style='color:#969696'>Dec 02</span>
    HKS Blow Off - <span style='color:#969696'>Jan 03</span>
    HKS Turbo Timer - <span style='color:#969696'>May 03</span>
    HKS EVC Boost Controller @ 13 psi - <span style='color:#969696'>May 03</span>
    </span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BraindG)</div><div class='quotemain'>/coughing starts
    155MPH
    no speeding tickets yet, touch wood
    /coughing ends

if it took the limiter off im sure i could get more out of the car, it was cruising up at a very steady speed, right up to 153/4 then ground to a halt, took about 1/2 mile to get it from 153/154 to 155 bit of a joke really, but once DTA unit is fitted, no more limiter.. weeeeeeeeeeeeeee...</div>

I'll be in your boat soon enough buddy, but ya may have to let me know whats up with that DTA cause I have no clue on what it is

http://www.dtafast.co.uk/

/starts peeing him self

MAIN FEATURES
    Full Ignition control and amplification for up to 4 cylinders distributorless, 8 cyl with distributor

Full fuel control of up to 16 injectors (staged and switchable on RPM in 2 banks )

Amplified Coils Support NEW

Compensation for air temp / water temp / MAP or barometric
    pressure on fuel AND ignition

Closed loop Lambda control

Turn off closed loop above TPS & RPM NEW

Full turbo pressure control variable by RPM with overboost protection

Manifold Pressure as main load NEW

Full single gear traction control (launch control)

Steering wheel button controlled start line RPM limit

Full power shift cut

Temperature dependant Idle speed control via PWM valve
    (shared second bank of injectors)

Auxiliary output switchable on RPM / water temp / manifold pressure
    (shared turbo control)

Dedicated shift light output

Dedicated Tacho output

Two stage main RPM limiter

Dedicated fuel pump control

Full startup fuelling map

Improved idle speed control NEW

Throttle transient enrichment map

Self test facilities for ignition and injection

Sensor diagnostics and peak recording

Real time mapping, no EPROM's required, PC only or PC+Dyno Control Box

Voltage in warning limits during Mapping NEW

Software programmable for most crank wheels (BMW, Ford, GM, Porsche, Renault, Honda Blackbird, Rover, VW, 361, 602 etc.)

All main 3D maps (20 x 14) have user programmable break points on
    throttle and RPM

Max. RPM 14,000

/ends peeing himself

im planning water injection aswell....
    <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve</span>
    <span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Mods
    HKS Super Drager Exhaust - <span style='color:#969696'>Dec 02 </span>
    HKS Induction - <span style='color:#969696'>Dec 02</span>
    HKS Blow Off - <span style='color:#969696'>Jan 03</span>
    HKS Turbo Timer - <span style='color:#969696'>May 03</span>
    HKS EVC Boost Controller @ 13 psi - <span style='color:#969696'>May 03</span>
    </span>

just tried this,.......I topped out the speedometer and hit fuel cutoff,... so as far as I can tell...... 120. Is there any other way of getting the fuel cutoff to go away other than using a chip..... it really sucks.

wow i never really thought about it but in my 98 i went about 129/ 128 on stock hub caps back in the days hahaha, back then i didnt even know tires had speed limits, hheh i havent top ended my car since i i started fish tailing at a lil over 125 when i hit a little bank... that was scary :shock:
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

mitsu4G64

top end

ok i see that some ppl say they hit 128 and others say like 140 and something my question is do these cars have like some kind of chip or modification to hit that type of speed cuz i have 18's on my car and it stays at like 115/118 it never goes past that do i need to put the stocks back on or what

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast