The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Top Speed

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 195
    i thinks most of them do i cant remember but i think i hit 130 almost stock, but it took me a couple minutes, maybe it also depends on the year, my gauge says 140, but i know theres no way i can get that fast with my car...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

The fastest i've gone was 116mph on the Grand Central Expressway.
    I had to step off the gas because a curve was coming. Oh yeah that was on stock wheels.
    Pearl White 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    Injen Race Division CAI System
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    Magnecor Ignition Wires
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Headlight Bulbs (H4)
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Fog Light Bulbs (893)
    Clear Corner Lights w/ PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs (1157)
    Reverse Indiglo Gauges
    Kenwood KDC-MP522 MP3/CD Receiver
    Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6.75" Door Speakers
    Kicker K693 6x9 Rear Speakers
    Brembo Cross-Drilled/Slotted Disc Brakes
    Axxis High Performance Brake Pads

escoson
    about 120 and a rabbit ran out i didnt hit it "directly" i drrove dead center over it and heard a loud knock under my car rabbit's skull + direct knock on the head at around 120 = decapitated rabbit. :-x

i went 120+,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

luxcrusr2000
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>about 120 and a rabbit ran out i didnt hit it "directly" i drrove dead center over it and heard a loud knock under my car rabbit's skull + direct knock on the head at around 120 = decapitated rabbit. :-x</div>

Escoson=Elmer Fudd :laughing: KILL THE WABBIT, KILL THE WABBIT, KILL THE WABBIT!!!

john mars

speed limit

went 115 on stocks,110-113 on 17's, didn't hit cut-off, but only for few seconds. feel no need to go faster,too much adrenaline for an old man like me. got 4 speeding tics. 1st was 17 yrs old, 78 on 55 zone, next 2 were 14 yrs ago, same type, last 2 yrs ago 77 on 65, caught by helicopter, who radioed a nj trooper next exit. no pts given during court date, plead to guilty and paid "court fees"(180 dollars). no poins=no raise in ins premiums.

blah

went as far as the needle would let me. Damn fuel cut off! As for tickets...I got a ticket for not making a complete stop at a red while making a right...actually he pulled me over for cutting hime off. I saw a car coming fast and I wanted to piss the driver off. He was doing like 50 on the street, so i turned and he slammed, then came the "lights", D A M N
    (didnt realize he was a cop!) He even told me:
    "I pulled you over because u cut me off."
    "Im sorry officer"
    "You dont get it, you cut me off, License and registration...Please" Then...2 more speeding tickets, one doing 40 at a 35, another 65 at 35. I drive like a FOOL!
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Re: blah

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyasianz
    went as far as the needle would let me. Damn fuel cut off! As for tickets...I got a ticket for not making a complete stop at a red while making a right...actually he pulled me over for cutting hime off. I saw a car coming fast and I wanted to piss the driver off. He was doing like 50 on the street, so i turned and he slammed, then came the "lights", D A M N
    (didnt realize he was a cop!) He even told me:
    "I pulled you over because u cut me off."
    "Im sorry officer"
    "You dont get it, you cut me off, License and registration...Please" Then...2 more speeding tickets, one doing 40 at a 35, another 65 at 35. I drive like a FOOL!
    get a radar detector or jammer...and enjoy the road again

Experienced TGC Member
    114 a few nights ago on the 118 coming back from Hollywood. At 115 the car started rattling like nuts, but 1 MPH lower and everything was smooth...intresting.

I got me a 8500 Passport, now that thing is the shit (top of the line radar detector)

THE-G
    140+

100 MPH beating a riced out integra.
    Also got a ticket for doing 62 in a 35 zone at noon,got off by going to 8 hour driving school.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Check jetchip.com. It's &#036;400 and make sure it's the last mod you do, because it is tuned to the mods on your car. Course there's always the risk of damage to the internals from exceeding the cutoff.
    Jet's service kills the limiter function? That's freaking awesome.

Oh yeah, got mine up to 110 comin back from Vegas a couple months ago (I was on 18" Nitto SN-1 winter tires). Love that stretch of I-70 in the canyons. So fun. And I've gotten two tickets. One for doing 93 in a 65 in the FL panhandle when I was moving up here from Daytona Beach (I was on 20" Nitto NT-555 Z rated tires). Which is actually pretty impressive considering I was weighted down with almost everything I own. Talked the cop into witting down 75 in a 65 and took an online class. Then I got a ticket last year for my neons being visible through the front bumper. Ridiculous. &#036;100 fine and a warning to relocate the neons (I did and you can hardly see it in the front now at all).

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by THE&#045;G
    140+
    3 1/2 year old thread......I'm sure the original posters aren't worried about your alleged top speed.

wow the fastest I have gone is 120. with over drive on and with over drive off I can get to 110 mph.... But I got pulled plenty of times you know "the black guy in the white car" yeah thats me but I got my first ticket doing 55 in a 35 I was really going 60 but he dropped it down and I have to go to the court next week it is 140 for everything and I just turned 21. I was hoping that my insurience would be going down..... we will see..
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    uuuhhhh..... 35???? hehehehehe..

118 in the G, and around 135-145 in my old slowrolla. The gauge ended at 110 and the needle kept going so its a guesstimate.

The G is also one of the reasons I got my license taken away.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

122 @ stock 5 years ago, right now I don't wanna know nor do I care how fast my G goes :~.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    101MPH cause I was too much of a pussy to go any further.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

My throttle hung and took it up to 120+ before I got it shut off.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    100 when following the speed of traffic is some highways.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast