The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Top Speed

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 195
    TOP 120, I WAS GOING DOWN A SLIGHT HILL ON THE FREEWAY AND THE CAR HIT 114, JUMPED, THEN WENT TO 120 THEN I HAD TO SLOW DOWN (HIGHWAY PATROL)

NEVER GOT A TICKET IN THE G - I WORK IN CORRECTIONS (LAW ENFORCEMENT) THEY JUST SAY DRIVE CAREFULLY, BUT I USUALLY GO 70 IN A 35, AND ALWAYS GO 85 IN A 65.

I FORGOT, I DID GET A TICKET, FOR PARKING IN A HANDICAP SPOT-$40, AND A FEW YEARS BACK I GOT A TICKET FOR RIDING MY BIKE AGAINST TRAFFIC ON THE LAS VEGAS STRIP-$20.....DAMN COPS

i don't think it's a good thing to brag about how fast you go 'all the time' in the same line saying you work for corrections...

but back on topic, i hit 118~120 on my 18" wheels a summer or two ago. gotta love wyoming's long roads of desolation.

I hit the fuel cutoff at about 128-129ish. I guess i should try it again with the gps... I once did 120+ in a 1976 buick lesabre big boat of a car. It didnt feel any different than doing 65 :-D kinda scary though.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I thought the 8G only goes up to 120. Never seen them go near it though, but the clock says 120.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    My throttle hung and took it up to 120+ before I got it shut off.
    Yikes. How'd you get it to shut off? You using an automatic?

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    I thought the 8G only goes up to 120. Never seen them go near it though, but the clock says 120.

The gauges only go up to 120 but it keeps climbing after that. Everything I have read is 128 is the fuel cutoff and as far as i could tell i was pretty much there. I had my gps on the other night going home, but the roads are still kinda nasty.

My speedo is fucked up because I have the wrong size tires on my car. But my GPS also has a Speedo and they run about 10 mph off at 100.

Anyway, I had the needle pretty much buried straight down on my V6. I think the fuel cutoff is based on RPM not speed, I don't think I even hit it because I was going down a hill (racing a black Audi)

Ive done 120+ in a '86 528 BMW, in my G I've done 115ish, had to slow down as I was comin up on a series or turns and traffic.

the 4 banger G to me feels like it is about the same power as my old straight 6 bimmer. but thats just how far along engines have come over 15 years.

My wifes uncle has a customer that is loaded. So he gets to joyride in some of his vehicles, that means so do I! I rode in an lotus esprit i believe it is about a 2003ish car. I also got to ride in a ford GT. The GT is a freakin monster, awesome car. When he hit the brakes in it i thought my brains were going to come out the front of my head. We went 130ish in it and it had plenty more. The lotus was a lot of fun kinda like a big gocart it hooked up to the pavement really well. Oh I also drove a bimmer z3 that was also pretty cool, but i like the lotus better.

I was driving from GA to NY a few weeks ago and had it flored. My gov shut off at 121 at 4K RPM, but it hits 6K in every other gear. If i could get it to hit 6K in drive, that would prob be around 140ish. Hmmmmm.........
    2002 Mits Galant ES

Check it out.
    http://www.myspace.com/shaft101

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I dont think we have a speed limiter, you just need to drive it right so the torque converter stays locked and you dont bing it off the rev limiter. I"ve got a friend who can trap 155 in his stock sebring its a 2002 V6 car, this is rader verified by HPT(Heartland Park Topeka) as he frequents thier road course.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

strange guys i really wanna say that i have done 130 and over. i do look at my speedometer when i go that fast just to see, may be next time i take a pic, and oh yeah i have a 7g I4....
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jake26
    strange guys i really wanna say that i have done 130 and over. i do look at my speedometer when i go that fast just to see, may be next time i take a pic, and oh yeah i have a 7g I4....
    7g's have been known to hit 140+mph...there have been a few and past members that have achieved it like myself on my old 95 Galant. I haven't tried to hit top speed on my 96..but I have gotten close to 120mph with plenty left on the revs.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

WTF I have topped my car out several times at 115 and it will not go any faster. its an '03 I4. There has to be someone somewere laughing there ass off at me

Your aftermarket wheels may make a difference in the speedo reading due to a difference in the overall diameter of the wheel/tire combo.

In MY G.

Quote Originally Posted by Chero2000
    In MY G.

150.. yea, state your mods to achive this..

My original 8g 99 I4, topped out at 138mph

Gutted precat, 2.5' exhuast Obx muffler
    aem underdrive pulley's
    aem cam gear (tuned)
    Weapon R FPR
    usual magnecor wires*ngk plugs
    Custom Ram air intake 2.5" piping

few other things..hell I can barely remember

Quote Originally Posted by jake26
    well i dunno how fast you guys were going at the MB meet butt i do know that i was second to last in line and ended up second in line at speeds well over 100... i know my needle stopped at 120 and went WAY above that to pass you all... and Rodney behind me was trying to keep up with the needle buried at 120 and gave up... so i would say well over 140... just a guess because there is no way to tell, but Jake, you said you were going around 130 at that particular time and I gained rathar quickly... only the 3rd time I've ever gone over 100... usually drive safe... just had to that time...

2mph
    while playing 2miles and hr by Ludacris :-D
    lol

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast