The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Top Speed

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Showing results 141 to 160 of 195
    WarmAndSCSI
    This spec site was wrong then, the 7G must come with H-rated tires like the V6 8G.

A quick calculation tells me the theoretical top speed of an 8G V6 Galant is 180 mph. This would be the speed right at redline.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    I doubt the 7G's ECU will even let the car go above the maximum rating of the stock tires. Actually, the speed limiter should come in at around 120 MPH on the 7G. Is your's removed or something?
    i dont know for sure, im assuming it is. the guy who i got the car from worked as a mechanic for a racing team and he told me he did some work to the engine.. i never asked him what he did, was more concerned at the time with getting a car that ran...

WarmAndSCSI
    The only way I know how to remove the speed limiter is to put a piggyback on the speed signal line or to reflash the ECU. Props to the previous owner of your car if he managed either on a 7G.

The only way I know how to remove the speed limiter is to put a piggyback on the speed signal line or to reflash the ECU. Props to the previous owner of your car if he managed either on a 7G.
    what is a piggyback.. is there any way for me to tell if he did this or not? becuase really, i dont want to fail inspection next month if he did.. that would suck.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Theres a tutorial on how to remove the speed limitter for a 2g GST, I assume its the same for the 7g, just involves removing a resistor or replacing one in the ECU.
    7g for life!

WarmAndSCSI
    Inside the ECU? That's probably going to be a pain :(. I've wired an EManage Ultimate into the harness that attaches to the ECU, but I really wouldn't want to tear the dash apart to get the ECU, break it open, and then do some precision soldering inside of it. Sounds too risky for me.

i have never really pushed my G past 100mph, but then again when i get at that speed my tack is at 4500 rpms...and it scares me to go faster than that. Yo seth, do you have any more info on that speed limiter mod? i would like to know more about that one.. 8)
    7G SOHC 5SPD

WarmAndSCSI
    If the speed limiter is 130 mph stock on the 7G, then the speed limiter removal isn't worth it if you're stock (especially if it requires soldering inside the ECU). 130-135 mph is probably about the theoretical limit for a relatively heavy 138 crank HP car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    For a 2g GST:
    http://www.dsm.org/how-tos/speedlimiter.htm

No clue if it would work for a 7g. Why do you need to go above 130mph? Are you running 11s in the 1/4? haha
    7g for life!

how long did it take you guys to get to 128mph, or so you say higher. what's your 0-60 time? how long does it take you to hit?

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    it would take really long to get an i4 up to 130
    unless its about 60 out and you have CAI. now when its hot, it has a hard time peggin 110.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

about 105 and then I let off because my bouncy stock suspension started to scare me. I think the crappy long island expressway road surface probably had alot to do with it.

Today I raced a 2000 Acura TL 3.2, I got up to about 120, right with the Acura, but it pulled away from there.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Speed limiter on a 7g is around 130. Ive done 130 in a semi-stock auto 7g. My car now is gear limitted to 155mph but if I took it up to that speed Im sure something would break or fall off and I would die.
    LMAO!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I doubt the 7G's ECU will even let the car go above the maximum rating of the stock tires. Actually, the speed limiter should come in at around 120 MPH on the 7G. Is your's removed or something?
    my 7G doesn't take long at all to get over 100, and i have taken it past the 140 mark. on I83 South heding to baltimore from P.A.

i thought all 7G's were not governed? i have driven another 5spd 7G, before my modifications and mine always beat it and felt better.

mine was bought used, so god knows what the previous guy did.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by split.5050
    how long did it take you guys to get to 128mph, or so you say higher. what's your 0-60 time? how long does it take you to hit?
    one day when i feel like it i will make a nice little vid 0-100

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    my 7G doesn't take long at all to get over 100, and i have taken it past the 140 mark. on I83 South heding to baltimore from P.A.

i thought all 7G's were not governed? i have driven another 5spd 7G, before my modifications and mine always beat it and felt better.

mine was bought used, so god knows what the previous guy did.

^^thats crazy! Ive never pushed my 7g past 115mph. It just scares me to go anything past that.
    7G SOHC 5SPD

^^
    i feel alot better doing it now since i got all new good performance supension and other goodies.

it is ver dangerous i i never really speed, i was in a real big hurry. the highway was all clear. i never risk anybodies life but my own.

that's good to hear bro but even so, you never know who's around the next corner.

one time I was speeding on an unfamiliar part of the LIE service road in my old car (lincoln mark VII) and I came around a bend at about 70 or 80 miles per hour (in a 45 mph zone) and right in front of me was a traffic light and a line of innocent people waiting for it to turn green. I stepped on the brakes and try as I might I was forced to lock them up. I would rather die than hurt someone else through my own stupidity so I let it spin out onto the grass on the side. Only by the grace of god did I avoid killing myself and maybe even those innocent people.

excessive speeding is dangerous business; no appointment is worth killing yourself or especially someone else. if you're looking for a thrill, go to the track. as far as i'm concerned (and I'm sure 6g72gearhead, among others, will agree with me) racing your car on a track is by far more fun and challenging than speeding your ass off in a straight line.

just my 2 cents again

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast