The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lift from kyb agx?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Lift from kyb agx?

Hey everyone. I just installed a set of Tein S-techs on my i4 galant with stock shock/struts. Im looking to upgrade my shock/struts soon. After searching, I found out that the kyb agx struts could actually lift the car a bit. Since the Tein drop isnt too aggressive, should I have to worry about any lift from the agx's? I just want to know before I commit to buying them. Thanks in advance.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Some members have said that it did lift their cars a bit.

mine lifted a lil after installation w. the same setup, but it settled after a lil while and has a decent drop like it should.. go w/ agx (or better yet coilovers if u got the funds)

it did with mine mainly because my stock struts were going bad and sagging due to my old lowering springs. It actualy looked lower on stock but ever since the switchover it raised it 1/4 inch up.

Thanks for the info, and Ive been hearing that the agx's are some of the best struts out there for a dropped car. Just wondering, does anyone have a rough estimate of much lift to expect initially? Is it somewhere around 1/2 inch?

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    it did with mine mainly because my stock struts were going bad and sagging due to my old lowering springs. It actualy looked lower on stock but ever since the switchover it raised it 1/4 inch up.
    Haha, you posted that right as I posted my last question! 1/4 inch isnt bad at all. I was just worried that i would have that infamous wheel gap again.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    since i put the AGXs on i wish i got coils. still a bumpy ride for me on Progress springs

now that would turn anyone's day upside down. If you're kinda worried about the height increase you could slowly invest money into coilovers and adjust the height of the car to your likings.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    now that would turn anyone's day upside down. If you're kinda worried about the height increase you could slowly invest money into coilovers and adjust the height of the car to your likings.
    Thats not a bad idea. I guess I could get a inexpensive set of shocks and save up for Tein coilovers or something. Im sorta picky about ride quality since this is my daily driver. I can probably find a comfortable setting with coilovers right?

I'm selling my S-Tech Tein AGX combo soon since I'm going D2's. Let me know if you are interested.. There's 2000 kms on them..
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    we talk miles in here sucka :P

go divide it by 1.6 to get it in miles.. We use kms here in Canada
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Quote Originally Posted by Galante View Post
    I'm selling my S-Tech Tein AGX combo soon since I'm going D2's. Let me know if you are interested.. There's 2000 kms on them..
    pm sent

I am on gr2s and teins and im happy for now but I will be going with coils at some point

its bumpy enough to upset a drunk person but I dont mind it at all since Ive ridden in cars with stiff suspensions alot
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 06-29-2009 at 01:46 AM

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    I am on gr2s and teins and im happy for now but I will be going with coils at some point

its bumpy enough to upset a drunk person but I dont mind it at all since Ive ridden in cars with stiff suspensions alot
    lol I hear ya! How long have you had your gr2's if you dont mind me asking? I heard theyre prone to blowout in about a year

Many years ago I had progress springs with KYB AGX in the rear and stock struts up front. I only had stock struts up front because at the time there were no aftermarket front struts for our platform. My front struts were blown for a while when eventually RRE made some custom Koni inserts into the stock housings and I got those. Those Koni inserts also raised my front a tad bit. So, from my experience and others as well, the front only raises due to worn or blown out stock struts.

On the note of coilovers, I had Tein SS-P dampers for a few years and I dealt with the stiffness for a while, but they were just too damn stiff for the roads I drive on everyday. I tried to lower the stiffness all the way down and I believe that led to the rears blowing out. I have had H&R springs with KYB AGX all around for a bout a year now. I have the rears set to 4 (the stiffest) and the front set to 2. Considering the H&R springs have the stiffest spring rate I could find and I have the AGXs set pretty stiff, they are still nowhere near as stiff as the Tein SS-P dampers on the softest settings. The handling was obviously much better with the Teins, but I'm really happy with how my newest setup handles, especially since I got the full set of AGXs for $290 shipped.
    Last edited by Danger DANJ; 06-29-2009 at 11:56 AM