The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: whats better and activation switch or push button?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

whats better and activation switch or push button?

i have an n/x kit and it came with a toggle switch but when i flip it i dont feel anything i mean i can beat car i normally wouldnt but if it wasnt for that i wouldnt know that i even have nitrous.. so my question is can i just swap the toggle for a push button switch do you guys think it would be any better? and how are your guys squeezing experiences?
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

It depends on the kind of kit you have, wet or dry. From what you say it seems that your nos is hooked up to an rpm switch which activates on wot (wide open throttle) so a push button would make no difference.

fstrthnu
    You don't feel anything when you get on the bottle? :shock: Sure you got everything hooked up right? I'm assuming you're using a WOT switch. Is that being tripped right? Is your bottle empty?

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fstrthnu)</div><div class='quotemain'>You don't feel anything when you get on the bottle? Â*:shock: Â*Sure you got everything hooked up right? I'm assuming you're using a WOT switch. Is that being tripped right? Is your bottle empty? </div>

Im scratching my head just like you are.. How can you not feel anything? My neck gets snapped back everytime i push the button on my set-up..lol.. I dont think your system is being activated at all really, or like my man said, its empty... I have never used a toggle switch thats activated based on rpm readings, my set-up is custom push button, with three active arming swtichs, and one main kill-swich.. Check your hook-up again, just to make sure its alright..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

is there any way to check the solinoids to see if they are wroking properly? i think that might be my problem

oh yah and shane how can i hook it up to be a push button but still use the arming switch i guess i would just need to bypass the throttle position switch any idea how to do that?

try to purge the system, is anything comming out of the purge tube ?
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]

SuperchargedGTZ
    which systems are push button, cause i know the zex arent. i was thinking about a small 50 shot for racing this summer for begining of 2nd gear during boost build???

does that sound stupid anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by GTZ27
    which systems are push button, cause i know the zex arent. i was thinking about a small 50 shot for racing this summer for begining of 2nd gear during boost build???

doesnt sound stupid, smells more like burned rubber.... or wait...lack of traction!...hehe...the only thing i would start to worry about is the differential, cause once you start putting that much power down, i would guess the open differential would come very close to selfdestruction....does quaife or any other manufacturer make diffs for our trannies?
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]

Quote Originally Posted by Whips_n_chains408
    is there any way to check the solinoids to see if they are wroking properly? i think that might be my problem

oh yah and shane how can i hook it up to be a push button but still use the arming switch i guess i would just need to bypass the throttle position switch any idea how to do that?
    you are right about the throttle position switch, it will have to be bypassed completely and hooked directly to a push button, i used the Ignited push button started, trust me it works, and they make a new one which glows in the dark..lol..NOt including you will have to disengaged the wiring to the for the rpms, which the nitrous is based of off..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Quote Originally Posted by FRCFD6
    Quote Originally Posted by GTZ27

doesnt sound stupid, smells more like burned rubber.... or wait...lack of traction!...hehe...the only thing i would start to worry about is the differential, cause once you start putting that much power down, i would guess the open differential would come very close to selfdestruction....does quaife or any other manufacturer make diffs for our trannies?
    That i know of there are no differentials for our rides... NOS actually used a push button set-up a year ago which you can still find, but from what i have heard they are going to CPU nitrous activation like zex, venom, and NX.. If your going to do push button, i would use the Sparco wheel which has a nitrous push button on the wheel w/arming switch.. I want one but there pretty damn expensive..

thanks shane for your relpy but im not to sure i understand you... your nitrous knowledge if far grater then mine so let me get this straight i couldnt just unhook the 2 wires to the throttle switch and reconect them to a push button switch? cuz all the throttle switch is for when the throttle is fully open the little thing comes around and presses the lever to trip the circuit.... hope that made sense

Quote Originally Posted by Whips_n_chains408
    thanks shane for your relpy but im not to sure i understand you... your nitrous knowledge if far grater then mine so let me get this straight i couldnt just unhook the 2 wires to the throttle switch and reconect them to a push button switch? cuz all the throttle switch is for when the throttle is fully open the little thing comes around and presses the lever to trip the circuit.... hope that made sense
    I tried that same thing, and for some reason i just didnt work right.. but dont forget that WOT is based of the rpms, not throttle position, well thats how they guyz at ZEX explained it to me.. In any case you will still have to deactivate your rpms sensor for the ZEX computer.. Its pretty Frankenstein install, i will check my notes and get back to you to make 100% sure..

thanks so much