The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stock tape deck w/ cd changer

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

stock tape deck w/ cd changer

I was wondering if the stock tape deck from the 8G's can be equipped with an external CD changer?

I'm asking due to I'm one of those people who don't have an ipod, instead I have the Sony walkman MP3 player and my Pioneer head unit has no connections for it. I have this old-school Aiwa trunk CD changer and I figured If I used the tape deck from the 8G and then install the changer, I can use a tape deck adapter for my MP3 player.

BTW, I did search but came up with nothing.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    u wont be able to hook up after market cd changer to our stock deck

hey hit me up ill give u my stock cd player for free just pay shipping and its urs
    03 I4

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    you'll have to get an oem 6 disc changer/or the cd player that goes in the bottom cubby hole

ah. dammit. Well, I guess I'll just keep my set-up now.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    You don't wanna use the Tape adapter too much anyway. My brother used one for the longest time and it ended up getting stuck in the tape deck.

spend the 80 bucks and buy a aftermarket radio and have it installed. There are so many out there and you might just be able to find one with a USB port wired into it. Do some research and you will be surprised with what you will find.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 01blackG View Post
    spend the 80 bucks and buy a aftermarket radio and have it installed. There are so many out there and you might just be able to find one with a USB port wired into it. Do some research and you will be surprised with what you will find.
    +1

Radio's are DIRT cheap now a days!
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    remember back in the days where you had the radio in the module so you can pull out the whole radio when you park the car . sorry had to throw that in there just to show you how cheap radios are now a days.

You can get a head unit with iPod cord or at least an Aux in for under 100 bucks now. CD changers are are so 1990's.
    sig too big

Experienced TGC Member
    Jigz...shoot me your addy in a PM. I have a single disc player that mounts in the bottom pocket area, plus the cable and I believe I still have the mounts for it too. I can just shoot it out to you for free man

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

i second the "buy a new stereo" idea. get one with an audio port, so you can hook up your MP3. mine doesnt have one, so i gotta run it off an FM tuner and rechargeable AAA batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano View Post
    remember back in the days where you had the radio in the module so you can pull out the whole radio when you park the car . sorry had to throw that in there just to show you how cheap radios are now a days.

LOL!! I had a Kenwood like that and the carrying bag with it. I thought I was hot sh!t whenever i went in somewhere lugging that thing around and watching the people stare.
    sig too big

Jigz, call me on this stuff man, I used to install this stuff for a living.