The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Subaru Legacy Got Owned =(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 52

My Subaru Legacy Got Owned =(

Good News: It was forecasted for rain today, So i drove the Legacy =)

Bad News: It was the Legacy =(

Coming home from work, theirs on going construction on route 13/40 where its 2 lanes. I'm in the right lane driving and in the left lane the road is un-paved with a bump. A Construction truck is in the left lane and hits the bump, i see his metal cage fly in the air into my lane. I brake hard as hell, which i think saved us from getting hurt since the metal crate thing would of hit the windshield. Luckily it hit the hood,fender headlight & grill the guy pulled over, and said i seen you try to avoid but sorry i dont know why it fly up. Called his boss, he came down gave me all their info and said dont worry we will take care of this. Went home called progressive and started the claim process. Im glad we didn't get hurt, since that could of caused some serious damage if it went threw the windshield. At-least the little rock chips on the hood wont be their any more on the bright side, those were really bugging me =)

The missing metal bar is what hit me!:

00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Good thing there were no injuries. I dread thinking about being in some sort if accident. As long as it get taken care of its all good.

thats not so bad. glad youre ok Ron

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Glad there taking care of it..this could of been alot more serious...

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Thats why Ever since I saw Final Destination 2, I never stay behind trucks. Glad ur ok.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

umm is it me or does that 2nd pic look like a picture of a midgets leg?

blue8g
    that's not too bad...thank god for two things: no one was hurt (By far most important), you weren't in the G!

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Censee View Post
    hahah i totally see it now

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Censee View Post
    LMAO it does....

Had to look twice :P

Glad u are okay but the poor Legacy :(

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Thats why Ever since I saw Final Destination 2, I never stay behind trucks. Glad ur ok.
    I'm the same way.

Glad your ok, good thing nobody was hurt. I work for Progressive, and the one thing they seem to do good is Claims, so hopefully everything goes good.
    Mike

Thanks guys, yeah the guy was kinda overweight and short lol. Yeah I called progessive they seem very easy to deal with, told me take it where I want or their reccomended shop. I'm going to take it to the dealer since I know everything will be oem and done right. I think if it was my galant it woulda been bad that cf hood with of been a goner.
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    dang

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    Thanks guys, yeah the guy was kinda overweight and short lol. Yeah I called progessive they seem very easy to deal with, told me take it where I want or their reccomended shop. I'm going to take it to the dealer since I know everything will be oem and done right. I think if it was my galant it woulda been bad that cf hood with of been a goner.
    i would make sure the dealership is actually fixing your car because most of the time they have they own shops around the area and when it comes to business/profit, dealers are never on your side. also i am not sure if the dealership will determine what parts to use because the insurance company is paying for it and they are going to go cheap.

Thank you for that tip, I will ask if they out source and use oem parts or not. If they dont, ill take them to my bodyshop that did my work on my G, since they did a great job.
    13 GTR

That is not entirely true :)

This is the way it works Ron, I work for a high end body shop, we only do collision repairs, and we are preferred by every BMW, Porsche, Mazda, and KIA dealerships in Toronto, along with a handful of insurance companies.

What happens in cases like this, where the companies insurance pays for the damage is a very simple process. Not anything like a single client or personal claim.

You can go to ANY shop, doesn't have to be in the shop list for your insurance, you reserve that right. DON'T go to the dealers because their methods are far from professional, and take A LOT of shortcuts to get the job done.

What happens now is that you should find a respectable shop, hopefully a high end as your legacy seems to be in great shape. Go in, ask for a tour of the shop, tell them to show you the paint booth, prep station and plastic/sheet metal stations. Once your are happy with the shop, show them your car, ask for an estimate and tell you want everything new and oem, no aftermarket. A good shop will honor this, and will fight to the death with the insurance company :) Obviously this will take a little longer, but if you want the job done properly, that's what you have to do. Tell them you will come in once in a while to check on the progress because you are very interested on the vehicles repairs. This will ensure they don't fuck you by ordering things behind your back. The insurance company will have no room for objections and will do everything as requested.

Once your vehicle is done and ready, make sure you look at it top to bottom, don't neglect one panel, look all over for over spray, and things that may not have been there. look for dust and prints where ever things were painted... look for dry spots around hard areas to polish, and make sure the shop guarantees their work.

Don't be afraid to ask for things, and if something is not quite up to your standards, bring it to their attention and get them to fix it.

One last thing is to double check the car in the sunlight because shop lights hide small imperfections that may be visible in the sun.

Good luck with your repairs Ron, and don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions... I may have an answer :)

^ cannot go wrong with what he said.

That is very great advice, thank you for that i really appreciate that I will check out these shops that are consider very good in the area and check out their location. This is supposed to be a very good shop here.

http://www.mastertechcollision.com/
    13 GTR

FOUR CAR PREP STATION!!! lmao.. thats huge :)

they seem to have a great set up, if those machines they mentioned are actually on site i'm impressed lol

thats alot of expensive equipment lol. give them a call and pass by, they seem pretty legit.

Also keep in mind that the bigger shops are more of a mass production routine followers. meaning they may over see alot of problems... but since they back their shit lifetime... you don't have to worry about your pain chipping... EVER

yeah i went their for my galant they quoted me almost 5K for paint so i left lol, it looked like a very clean shop. I might see if they can paint these mirrors i have on the side. Thanks again for your input.
    13 GTR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast