The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cruise Control Always ON?!

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Cruise Control Always ON?!

So over the weekend i went to the falls which is about 2.5 hours from here... I cruise controlled it all the way there at about 130 km/h, I didn't notice anything weird then, and on the way back, I cruised it again all the way back. Now Im' noticing that the cruise control light is ALWAYS on at start up. It's not like the cruise is engaged or set, it's just on. I CAN turn it off, but I'm just wondering why when i turn off the car, and start it again... it goes back to on?

Also I don't know how much this matters, but for the past month or so, when i start the car, the SRS light stays onn for about 5 seconds, then turns off, I don't remember that being there earlier.

Should I get the car scanned and see if there are ahy codes? has this happened to anyone else? lol

As for the SRS light, it also stays ON when i start my car for 5 secs so I would think that's normal and part being init.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Interesting lol...I don't remember that light EVER being on after start up lol :)

i think there was a thread about the cruise light being on a while back but i also experienced this. what i did was pull the knob thingy down a couple times to cancel the cruise then press the button to turn it off, that always seems to work for me when it occurs. as for the srs light im clueless on that...

I had the same cruise control prob with my 02 G, not sure what caused it. After a couple of weeks of the light being on, the cruise control ended up going out, not sure how it works. Maybe a sensor or wire between the cc button and the cc box? I would check there.
    Mike

Alright thanks guys... i'm GREAT at just sitting and waiting lol.. i'll try that

Ive had this problem with my 2 Eclipse's, galant and Stratus i have/had. Once the Cruise control is used once, its stays on for awhile. Even if you turn it off, it always comes back on after start up. Dont know what the deal is. Mine still works tho.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Mine has done this too. I just cancelled it and turned it off as mentioned before. Seemed to always solvet he problem on my car

My 8g does this too! I think its the switch itself

glad to know i aint insane :)

Quote Originally Posted by Da_silvagride View Post
    My 8g does this too! I think its the switch itself
    I dont think its the switch. I think its just the way the system is setup itself. Because all of my mitsubishi vehicles has done this.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

This started happening to my GTZ at about 140000 miles. Then it went away and then came back. Though I think its the switch in my case because when the cruse control is active I have to wiggle the switch to cancel.

I had a similar problem. Cruise wouldn't work, horn wouldn't work, SRS light stayed on. I replaced the clockspring and it fixed everything. Got one used off ebay for $35 I think.

Forgot about the clockspring. I'm a little bit concerned now. Should I be worried about accidental deployment of the airbag? The only issue I have is that the cruse indicator is lit all the time and therefore was going to leave the repair till later. But that was before the clockspring had been brought up.