The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g o2 sensor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 57

7g o2 sensor

Anyone out there know if either one of the 7g o2 sensors are wide band like a honda or subaru? I need the FOR SURE awnser so i know if i have to get the wideband with my a/f guage or not
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

define "wide band".

because in all my years of working on cars, this is the first time ive heard that statement.
    O2 sensors by design max their output at about 1 volt.

o2

if u dont know the difference between a wide band o2 and one thats not then u arent who i need to be talking to..a wide band o2 has a greater range of measurability than a standard one..it can read air fuel ratios from the bottom of the scale to the top instead of just a few volts right in the middle
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

what kind of a/f guage?

BEAST

Re: o2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g64terror)</div><div class='quotemain'>if u dont know the difference between a wide band o2 and one thats not then u arent who i need to be talking to..</div>
    Actually he would probably know more about it than any of us, he is a Mitsubishi Tech. and has been for what Manybrews 11 years now?

then he should know what a wideband o2 is...i mean it is a pretty basic term.. probably im gonna use an autometer air fuel guage
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Experienced TGC Member
    I am pretty sure its not wideband. And Manybrews is the man when it come to Mitsu's considering he's been working for them for years.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

then unless you have a broken 02 sensor you need to replace it doesnt matter

all you need to do is wire it up assuming you use the autometer guage

dude i KNOW what im talking about...it has nothing to do with the sensor being bad..any of u know someone with a ford that has an autometer air fuel guage? if u do go watch it sometime...it bounces around so much u can get any kind of reading off the guage..this is due to the fact that the ford o2 isnt wideband...thats why im trying to find out of mine is or not...im not gonna get the guage unless we have one
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

like i said all you need to do is wire it up.

i know because i have one in my car.

Re: o2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g64terror)</div><div class='quotemain'>if u dont know the difference between a wide band o2 and one thats not then u arent who i need to be talking to..a wide band o2 has a greater range of measurability than a standard one..it can read air fuel ratios from the bottom of the scale to the top instead of just a few volts right in the middle</div>
    umm... ALL O2 sensors read from 0 volts to about 900 mv.
    that it. there are no "wideband" sensors that read anything else on american cars.

and ALL O2 sensors "bounce around". the systems are, and always HAVE BEEN designed to crosscount about 5 to 10 times a second.
    there are none that just sit in the middle.

Experienced TGC Member
    There are Wideband o2 sensors 0-5v outputs not 0-1 so there not for stock ECM. They are more precise then stock o2 and normally for aftermarket controllers like Haltech, AEM.

I have read that for tuning purposes with stock ECM's you would weld a second bung on your downpipe and install the wideband o2 that just sits there only to be used by your dyno tuners equiptment to get acurate readings, or you can do the same and buy an aftermarket wideband o2 gauge, but you'll still need your stock o2 sensor for your ECM.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>There are Wideband o2 sensors 0-5v outputs not 0-1 so there not for stock ECM. Â*They are more precise then stock o2 and normally for aftermarket controllers like Haltech, AEM. Â*

.</div>

hell, it wouldnt make any difference. Percentage wise, the numbers will corelate exactly. meaning .5 volts on a normal sensor would probably equate to 2.5 volts on one of these aftermarket "wide" sensors, thereby eliminating its usefullness as a device.

more than likely, these sensors are just normal O2 sensors with voltage amplifying circuits installed that increases output by x amount.

Experienced TGC Member
    Your right. Its more like steps in analog to digital conversion for you electronics geeks) 128bit is much better then 8bit. You have more precision, but basically its all relative.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

o0 XeRO G 0o
    dont you guys hate it when somebody gets on the board and automatically has a bad attitude towards everyone? i hate that :doubleup:

Experienced TGC Member
    o2 is SUPOSED to bounce around in closed loop mode. The ECM is constant adjusting a/f ratio based on its reading on its last reading of the o2, and lets say the ECM operates at a conservative 10mhz, that means along with its other duties its sampling probably 50,000 times a second and performing adjustments, you think your gonna see the o2 steady?

Its steady only at openloop mode wich for the most part is when your flooring it. A wideband o2 will fluctate also in closed loop mode because its closed loop ECM is adjusting not just blindly dumping fuel like it pretty much does in open loop.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(X7eyeHATEyou7X)</div><div class='quotemain'>dont you guys hate it when somebody gets on the board and automatically has a bad attitude towards everyone? Â*i hate that Â*:doubleup:</div>

This from the man with the name "I hate you" LMAO everytime I see your name and that avatar I crack up laughing. Good job! :laughing: :laughing:
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

hehe true huh....
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

oh my god manybrews it has nothing to do with frequency...it reads from a certain air fuel ratio to another..some can only go in a narrow band some can go in a wide band...why do u think horiba air fuel meters are 1000 dollars huh? because they use WIDEBAND o2 sensors...i dont have a bad attitude i just hate misinformation
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

and as far as the meter being steady i know its steady at wide open throttle if u have an air fuel guage and bounces around at part throttle..just go watch one on a mustang or lightning then youll know what im talking about
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast