The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g o2 sensor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 57
    and as far as the meter being steady i know its steady at wide open throttle if u have an air fuel guage and bounces around at part throttle..just go watch one on a mustang or lightning then youll know what im talking about
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

hey eye hate u i checke dout the pics of your car..i dig white ones...thats the good ole ebay trunk mod...got a list of exactly what u bought to do it? the instructions are too vauge
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Experienced TGC Member
    You dont need a wideband o2 its not going to do anything for you and just end it there. It isnt going to do anything for you except make you do is waste some cash and a lot more work to install a THIRD o2 sensor and seperate meter for what? Get a digital a/f guage not the boucy light one and use ur stock sensor readings they are more acurate then you may think.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g64terror)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh my god manybrews it has nothing to do with frequency...it reads from a certain air fuel ratio to another..some can only go in a narrow band some can go in a wide band...why do u think horiba air fuel meters are 1000 dollars huh? Â*because they use WIDEBAND o2 sensors...i dont have a bad attitude Â* i just hate misinformation</div>
    you dont seem to know what im talking about, and i certainly have no idea what youre talking about, being as your posts are kind of incomplete..

regardless. There is no "misinformation" here. youre asking strange questions in which you give no definition of your terms, and expect people to know what youre talking about?

look, i not sure you really know how an O2 sensor works in relation to an automobile. There are NO manufacturers using any type of "wideband" O2 sensors on any car in america, as by physical makeup an O2 sensor as we know it is incapable of delivering more than about a volt. period.

adding voltage amplifiers to the circuitry would be pointless, as it would be no more accurate than a standard sensor. It would just have a higher output.

to end all this, you do NOT have a "wideband" oxygen sensor on your galant. Its maximum output is about 1 volt.

Both zirconia and titania oxygen sensors have been installed in USA vehicles for about 20 years. Their purpose is generally known by those who professionally deal with tune-ups and emissions.

Honda introduced the wide band oxygen sensor in the early 1990's. NTK (an NGK Spark Plugs Company) produced the Honda version, with agreements that availability would be limited to Honda dealerships.

There are wideband oxygen sensor versions available in the aftermarket.

I would be more than willing to offer information about any oxygen sensor (zirconia, titania, and wide band).

NGKAZ
    NGKAZ
    NGK SPARK PLUG (USA), INC.
    should i keep going? i can send more if u want
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Common AFR Meters
    Common dash mounted AFR meters make use of one, three or four wire factory installed oxygen sensors which are incapable of providing a wideband output. These sensors, by design, will read a high voltage with an air/fuel mixture below stoichiometric (14.7:1) and a low voltage above this point. Outside this narrow operating range, the meter has no way of accurately and reliably differentiating between 12:1 and 13:1, or conversely, 15:1 and 18:1. These readings are also greatly affected by exhaust gas temperature and sensor location. A 2:1 ratio variation is not uncommon. It is important to remember that automobile manufacturers installed these sensors to maintain a stoichiometric (14.7:1) mixture under cruising conditions, as this is the point where optimum catalytic converter efficiency is achieved.
    courtesy of fjo enterprises..check out some of the stuff on there
    http://www.fjoinc.com/automotive/index.htm
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

i guess that didn't end it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

here is an actual link to super street installing one on an Si civic
    http://www.superstreetonline.com/techartic...1518/index.html
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

thats a lot of fancy "cutting and pasting", but you actually posted exactly what i said.

that no american car is using any "wide-band" O2 sensors. The Honda incident is for one of their special lean-burn cars, no longer sold in america.

there is no reason to currently install such a sensor in any american car due to our emission regulations and fuel control systems, hence the reason the manufacturers dont need to publish information about them.

and trust me, i know all about how an O2 sensor works without having to search the net.

i was just showing you proof of what a wide band is mister ive never heard of one...man u just dont know when to say when do ya? THATS exactly why i dont trust dealers with performace applications...stick to installing those little factory air filters and such and quit trying to denounce someone as if you're smarter..ya might learn a thing or two :shock:
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Experienced TGC Member
    I happen to own a plot of land on the moon interested in purchasing it from me?

I know how a wideband o2 works, and the difference between it and a normal o2. Are you planning on building a 500+hp DSM? Are you running 30lbs of boost and 850cc injectors? You dont need a wideband o2.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g64terror)</div><div class='quotemain'>i was just showing you proof of what a wide band is mister ive never heard of one...man u just dont know when to say when do ya? Â*THATS exactly why i dont trust dealers with performace applications...stick to installing those little factory air filters and such and quit trying to denounce someone as if you're smarter..ya might learn a thing or two :shock:</div>

you know what actually funny? that you or ANYONE would tune an engine using ANY O2 sensor, wideband or not.

have fun spending the cash on something as useless as an air/fuel meter, because those of us in the know would never use anything less than an actual gas analyzer to do that.

any speed shop mapping fuel trims with an O2 sensor isnt worth a dime.

oh and as far as american sold cars tell that to my buddy with a 2001 subaru 2.5RS with a 2003 wrx swap done..DEALER INSTALLED 165 hours of wiring labor and from the 18 year veteran subaru tech's mouth"i went ahead and hooked up your air fuel guage to your second oxygen sensor..they are wide band so your guage will be spot on
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g64terror)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh and as far as american sold cars tell that to my buddy with a 2001 subaru 2.5RS with a 2003 wrx swap done..DEALER INSTALLED 165 hours of wiring labor and from the 18 year veteran subaru tech's mouth"i went ahead and hooked up your air fuel guage to your second oxygen sensor..they are wide band so your guage will be spot on</div>
    well, gosh! i thought dealers werent worth a shit when it comes to performance.

i guess i would call that "hypocritical" to say you wouldnt trust them, but then use that as an example.

with the combination of a wide band oxygen sensor and an EGT guage you CANT GET ANYMORE ACCURATE..W.T.F. do you think DYNOJET uses widebands on ALL of their dynos??? i guess now dyno jet doesnt know what they are talking about...or anyone who uses one? which lets see is just about everyone
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

notice i said MY BUDDY'S SUBARU
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g64terror)</div><div class='quotemain'>i was just showing you proof of what a wide band is mister ive never heard of one...man u just dont know when to say when do ya? Â*THATS exactly why i dont trust dealers with performace applications...stick to installing those little factory air filters and such and quit trying to denounce someone as if you're smarter..ya might learn a thing or two :shock:</div>

When it comes to Mitsubishi cars I could pretty much guarantee Many knows more then most of us. He may not know everysingle stupid performance item, and may not agree with half of my glue and tape methods of fixing things..but I still respect his input, I know he knwos what he is talking about because its his profession. It still remains that your just going to waste money on this if you buy it. Its not gona make u fast and furious.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g64terror)</div><div class='quotemain'>with the combination of a wide band oxygen sensor and an EGT guage you CANT GET ANYMORE ACCURATE..W.T.F. do you think DYNOJET uses widebands on ALL of their dynos??? i guess now dyno jet doesnt know what they are talking about...or anyone who uses one? which lets see is just about everyone</div>
    yes, you can. you use an actual 5 gas analyzer, like a real speed shop would.
    see, the O2 level is not the only gas to watch. HC, N, CO, and CO2 are as important if not moreso.

but i forgot.. with the 1 car or so that youve worked on (compared to the 9000 or so i have), you probably know your stuff.

and they actually have a separate wing at the dealership for nothing but performance so its just not some oil changing grease monkey runnin around spoutin out shit on stuff he doesnt know about
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g64terror)</div><div class='quotemain'>and they actually have a separate wing at the dealership for nothing but performance so its just not some oil changing grease monkey runnin around spoutin out shit on stuff he doesnt know about</div>
    funny, we kinda got a few cars like that, too.

ever heard of any of them?
    the starion
    the cordia turbo
    the mirage turbo
    the eclipse turbo
    the 3000 GT (twin turbo, of course)
    the lancer EVO.

none of these are popular to hot rod, are they? Im sure ive never made 300 HP eclipses or starions..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast