The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wiring oil gauge, need wire...

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar

wiring oil gauge, need wire...

hey all i just installed all my guages....well mostly just need to finish a little....

just curious if anyone knows which wire on the back of teh gauge cluster pertains to the stock oil sender (dummy light) i coulndt find any info other then the voltage reading it gives; and i cant find my multimeter.

this is for a v6 as well

thanks

i got this from the '01 manual

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    craig why are you trying to tap that wire? if your using an aftermarket gauge, it should have its own sending unit and wiring harness.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

instead of running its own wire through the engine bay and fire wall and trying to route/ hide it, i know a few people have tapped into the wire which guides the "dummy light" i have everything hooked up minus the sending wire and am using a sandwhich adaptor so the stock sender is still there...

basically just figured it would be a little easier and cleaner as well

your gonna need to run wires/lines for other stuff like a boost gauge, your best bet is to run all the wires at once. I ran about 15 wires in a loom thru the firewall and used them as I needed, I still have 3 that I havent used yet that are tucked away.

The dummy light is only 1 wire, typically the gauge itself usually requires 3 or 4 wires and the sending unit would use at least two. I dont know how utilizing one factory wire will make that easier.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

nope, in my case, its just the one wire, everything else is wired inside the car (lighting, 12v, ground, etc) boost/vaccum gauge is ran already too (manual) but that is near the firewall already... though only other thing i have to do is run the 02 sensor for my wideband to the plx brain modual but i have the brain itself wired already as well... i may just run a new wire, in the end it will probrobly be better anyway. i was just trying to be lazy and not try to find a good way to route it and keep it hidden being its only the one. and the v6 oil filter/sensor is in the front of the car so i would have to run the whole engine bay

The easiest way to run it is thru the hole in the floor pan for the factory o2 sensor. The hole is just right of the gas pedal but on the floor, not the firewall. Thats where I have gauge wiring, my wideband cables and some other stuff going thru. You run the wire out thru the hole and then up over the main crossmemeber near the fuel lines, its barely visible. you can use one of those zip ties with a screw hole to secure the wire to the floor pan before it goes over the cross member.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS