The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6G72 Intake/Throttle Body Upgrade Information

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 57 of 57
  1. #41
    I may try a gutted XG mani this spring depending on a few circumstances to see exactly how it differs from the 75 upper on a single engine to rule out many of the variables that usually come into play with most peoples' recommendations. Mythbusters TGC Edition.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

  2. #42
    Experienced TGC Member
    Join Date
    04-02-2009
    Location
    Denver Colorado
    Posts
    1,447
    I have a 75 manifold that I will be putting on to compare before I do my cam swap

  3. #43
    TGC Regular Guzm4n's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-02-2011
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    736

    6G72 Intake/Throttle Body Upgrade Information

    So speaking of XG manifolds, would I just need to gut it & block off where the motor is supposed to be? & then for the EGR, would I just block that off too? Wouldn't there be any codes?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    I have a 75 manifold that I will be putting on to compare before I do my cam swap
    Sweet. I'm sure your results will come much sooner since I won't even have my car back out of storage for another 2-3 months.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

  5. #45
    Experienced TGC Member
    Join Date
    04-02-2009
    Location
    Denver Colorado
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    So speaking of XG manifolds, would I just need to gut it & block off where the motor is supposed to be? & then for the EGR, would I just block that off too? Wouldn't there be any codes?
    Yes you would just need to block the side where the motor/actuator was originally mounted. For the EGR, there is a manifold (currently one I am using) from the Kia Sedona that doesn't even have the EGR on the manifold. The casting is all the same, however they never machined it for an EGR system. I have simply left my EGR solenoid wired up and working, just removed the vac line from the solenoid that used to run to the EGR valve on the manifold. I have had it this way since November and I haven't had a code thrown yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Sweet. I'm sure your results will come much sooner since I won't even have my car back out of storage for another 2-3 months.
    Hopefully I will get some results in the next month or two as I need to do the timing belt and water pump at the same time.

  6. #46
    I'm surprised you haven't popped a code for it Schofield. Did you turn the duty cycle off in the ROM? On GTS's you can just leave the MVIC plugged in and it pops no codes but my EGR has always gotten butthurt over not actually controlling anything.

  7. #47
    Experienced TGC Member
    Join Date
    04-02-2009
    Location
    Denver Colorado
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't popped a code for it Schofield. Did you turn the duty cycle off in the ROM? On GTS's you can just leave the MVIC plugged in and it pops no codes but my EGR has always gotten butthurt over not actually controlling anything.
    Duty cycle is on, and even altered to the same idle operation settings I had previously with a fully functional EGR system. Only code I am dealing with is an Evap Small Leak which is only due to a small vac leak on the hose I need to replace.

  8. #48
    Has any member here installed the 6g75 3.8 MIVEC intake manifold on 8th gen Galant with 3.0?

  9. #49
    Nope. Different port spacing where it meets the lower manifold. You would need a 3.8 Mivec lower mani, but that only fits on the 3.5 and 3.8 engines. The other issue that arises is that you would need to use the 3.8 Mivec fuel rails and modify the end of the rail to accommodate our return style fuel system.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

  10. #50
    Besides. You'd LOSE performance with 3.8 parts. They're designed for a larger engine that pulls a much higher VE curve. The 3.0 is a torqueless wonder even without destroying every last spec of port velocity it has.

  11. #51
    I understand, thank you for the replys and additional information with regard to installation of 3.8 manifold.

  12. #52

    Traction Control; why does it matter?!

    I'm looking into the Diamante throttle body and intake and I'm wondering why the wrecking yards keep asking if it has traction control or not... how does the vehicle having traction control affect the intake??
    Also, I have a 3g eclipse with the 6g72; I noticed someone commented about the gts submodel being an upgrade; how is that?

  13. #53
    Diamante throttle bodies for traction control vs non-traction control are different. You will need to make sure the throttle body you get is for non-traction control.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

  14. #54
    Dose anybody know if there has been any success with the GTS mani on the 6g72 galant.
    Iíve been having no success with mine, when I installed it and I immediately exhibited intake manifold backfires and it would not run unless the RPMs were at 4K.
    Is there anything special that needs to be done...
    Last edited by Is It Stock Or Not????; 02-20-2021 at 04:58 PM

  15. #55
    Experienced TGC Member mysticj's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-18-2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It Stock Or Not???? View Post
    Dose anybody know if there has been any success with the GTS mani on the 6g72 galant.
    Iíve been having no success with mine, when I installed it and I immediately exhibited intake manifold backfires and it would not run unless the RPMs were at 4K.
    Is there anything special that needs to be done...
    Check for intake/vacuum leaks.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

    1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    Check for intake/vacuum leaks.
    This^ I just did a diamante IM swap about a month ago and I re-did some of the vacuum hoses. I didn't know that the vacuum hose that I used was slightly big until my buddy connected his smoke machine up the car. The morning after this, I went to turn my car on and It would not stay on. I had to rev it pretty high to keep it on. It was making the loudest hissing noice from what sounded to be from the IM. It turned out to be a valve that is located on the throttle body, slightly under and to the left of the throttle position sensor. You might have to remove the intake to see it. Im not sure how that unbolted by itself, I couldn't find any bolt that went with it either. I didn't see anything loose on the TB when I swapped the IM. It might be worth looking into just in case it might be loose.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    Check for intake/vacuum leaks.
    Yeah, that was the first thing I thought...
    But couldnít find any, but I went back and checked again after you said, and after I had a clearer head...
    But yet still could not find any. So mind blown right now 🤯

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ALCALA View Post
    This^ I just did a diamante IM swap about a month ago and I re-did some of the vacuum hoses. I didn't know that the vacuum hose that I used was slightly big until my buddy connected his smoke machine up the car. The morning after this, I went to turn my car on and It would not stay on. I had to rev it pretty high to keep it on. It was making the loudest hissing noice from what sounded to be from the IM. It turned out to be a valve that is located on the throttle body, slightly under and to the left of the throttle position sensor. You might have to remove the intake to see it. Im not sure how that unbolted by itself, I couldn't find any bolt that went with it either. I didn't see anything loose on the TB when I swapped the IM. It might be worth looking into just in case it might be loose.
    I will definitely check for that, so focused on the IM the throttle body didnít even cross my mind.
    And I will be thoroughly checked all my vacuum lines for good fitment.
    Last edited by Is It Stock Or Not????; 02-25-2021 at 11:42 PM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •