The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Getting Desperate

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Getting Desperate

i feel like this may be my last resource for help. so i have just gotten finnished swaping a 1g DOHC onto my 64 block. everything is in place. my problem, is that i am stuck on the wiring for the 2 gen eprom ecu that i have. i am using an engine harness from a 96 gst. i have had to re-pin the blue harness connector that connects to the chassi harness that sits by the stock ecu location. but there are still alot of wires that i cannot figure out where to connect them to, example: closed throttle tps switch, guages, check engine, obd port, etc. if anybody has some diagrams or even some advise i will be extreamly greatful for it. this project has gone on for almost two years and i cant wait any longer to get my galant back on the road again. thanks for your help.

Find the ecu wire/pinout diagram for the 2G eprom (4G63T?) to see what goes where, then find a 96 GST ecu wire/pin diagram and plug the 96 wires from the sensors to the correct spot using the 2G eprom pinout.

It can't be that hard to find man, want to talk about hard, I had to find a pinout for a 1996 Eagle Summit Wagon AWD 5-spd (which is not on the web and different then a 1992-1995 Summit). After researching (took 2 days) I found the 1994-1996 galant 2.4 ECU pinout was the same as mine. SAFC Neo is hooked up and running great.

P.S. I do hope your using a 2G 4G63T ecu, becuase as far as I could tell when looking at my ecu pinout there is no provision to put the CAS wires from the 1G head to a factory 1994-1996 Galant 2.4 ecu (uses a distributor). If there is a way to use the factory ecu someone let me know.

No offense to the other 7g guys on here, but I would think your search would yield better results on dsmtuners?