The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64 Turbo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33
    Craig

4G64 Turbo?

What will i need to make my 96 Galant S turbo? Need to go faster!

Fml

Knowlage, will, time, and money!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Clearly not grammar :D jk

<3

Turbo, manifold, intercooler, intercooler pipes, wastegate, blowoff valve...
    If you want to go stock engine 8-10 psi should be fine..more psi, you'll need clutch kit, forged rod, and forged pistons...
    Do a little research, there are allot info on this site..

2g oil pan, for your money offerings lol
    Use that trusty ol search bar bro, youll get some niice info.
    Or ..
    Board index->How to tutorials->How to 7G

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=11856

hopes and dreams.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

you will need to search before getting any more info I would guess.

Seek and you will find

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    search there are many threads that will help you with the turbo idea

look in the 7g tutorial section as there is a full parts list and shit too
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    if you have to ask like this i would probably suggest you not do it
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    if you have to ask like this i would probably suggest you not do it
    thats a good point as i looked at the similarities of our car and the 2g dsm long ago and figured it would work with some work
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Ummmm I will suggest not to do anything to your car at all until you learn and understand about cars...for you to ask us what you would need is just telling me that you did not do any kind of research. Your going to do nothing but make many people mad and tell you to go and start reading. So far you know nothing about turboing your car which is a big nono. First research some info and than we will talk, come on man we all started at some point when turboing our cars but we also had to read and research our info. Try again

Craig

Funny

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Ummmm I will suggest not to do anything to your car at all until you learn and understand about cars...for you to ask us what you would need is just telling me that you did not do any kind of research. Your going to do nothing but make many people mad and tell you to go and start reading. So far you know nothing about turboing your car which is a big nono. First research some info and than we will talk, come on man we all started at some point when turboing our cars but we also had to read and research our info. Try again
    First of all ive owned 13 honda's n 6 teg's. I've turbo'd , supercharge'd n built all motor. So i know a lil bit about cars. I just didn't know if there was a serious amount of work that needed to be done to this cars engine. Im not familiar with a mitsu like i am with a HONDA. And i understand the search bar. So if anyone gets mad about me askin a simple question, don't leave advice then.

we are the same thing as a DSM any 4g63 part usually bolts right up its not hard to figure out just look around

we arent mad just disappointed.. once you look a little bit you will understand
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    First of all ive owned 13 honda's n 6 teg's. I've turbo'd , supercharge'd n built all motor. So i know a lil bit about cars. I just didn't know if there was a serious amount of work that needed to be done to this cars engine. Im not familiar with a mitsu like i am with a HONDA. And i understand the search bar. So if anyone gets mad about me askin a simple question, don't leave advice then.
    With all due respect man. If youve owned 13 fucking hondas, 6 integras, youve built motors, and boosted them.... Why the fuck cant you boost a mitsu motor? Shouldnt you know youll need bigger injectors, piping, turbo, turbo manifold, down pipe, lines for the turbo feed and return, blah blah blah...... Dont be a typical honda guy and claim shit. If you know what youre "doing'' then fucking do it. Search search search. I was going to be nice untill you started throwing your ego around but no. Im going to be a dick and tell you it cant be done unless you DOWNGRADE and put a honda motor in it. Thank you, Come again!

Craig
    Thanks Galanttuner10. That was my question if there was interchangeable parts, should of worded my question different.

^x2 literaly

Honestly,

What kind of budget is needed to turbo-charge a 4g64?
    - David

Experienced TGC Member
    if you watch the items correclty and get the proper shit id say under 2k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast