The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64 Turbo?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    yea mine cost me around 2k in parts gauges and stuff.. im going to make a revised parts list over the winter after i go through all my reciepts and stuff to help every1 out
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    yea mine cost me around 2k in parts gauges and stuff.. im going to make a revised parts list over the winter after i go through all my reciepts and stuff to help every1 out
    Yours isnt done yet so how does that work?

If you go the route that i went you will be looking at 5-6k. I have 2200 in the top of my engine and about 1k in the bottom and then another 3k in parts, the only difference about my build and mosts is i went to make power not turbo noises and 40 extra whp.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    Yours isnt done yet so how does that work?

If you go the route that i went you will be looking at 5-6k. I have 2200 in the top of my engine and about 1k in the bottom and then another 3k in parts, the only difference about my build and mosts is i went to make power not turbo noises and 40 extra whp.
    mitch always putting me down lol

it does work and i have everything and it has run before and now i have a new 14b also a B16G all i need is the new fuel pump and regulator, i know what is needed and it has been on the car so i think i know what im doing

also his question was how much is it to turbo not to fully build it as im sure he will get into that later on...
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Or you can be cheap and build one from ebay/junk yard/ other dsm forums and spend about 1200.

Only bad thing with this, is you will be replacing the cheap broken stuff with better quality parts which will make things more of headache and expensive in the long run.
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    mitch always putting me down lol

it does work and i have everything and it has run before and now i have a new 14b also a B16G all i need is the new fuel pump and regulator, i know what is needed and it has been on the car so i think i know what im doing

also his question was how much is it to turbo not to fully build it as im sure he will get into that later on...
    im not putting you down lol i just still doubt the fact that you actually got the turbo done and then took it all out. Cause trust me if i did that there would be atleast one picture and atleast one video, not just typing behind a computer screen.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    im not putting you down lol i just still doubt the fact that you actually got the turbo done and then took it all out. Cause trust me if i did that there would be atleast one picture and atleast one video, not just typing behind a computer screen.
    i see what you mean, but see i used shitty flex hose and kinda of afro engineered it together just to see how it work and it was for a short amout if time.. no vids cuz it was not tuned or anything.. next spring ill unveil it no worries
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    Or you can be cheap and build one from ebay/junk yard/ other dsm forums and spend about 1200.

Only bad thing with this, is you will be replacing the cheap broken stuff with better quality parts which will make things more of headache and expensive in the long run.
    thats y you use things that cant really go bad over time and get everything like feed, drain lines, gaskets etc new thats what im doing
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

So tell me how much wheel whp you want to make and how much money u have to play with.

Right now i can turbo another Galant for around 500-600.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Right now i can turbo another Galant for around 500-600.
    I'll give that to you if you come turbo my GS

:D

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondragon16 View Post
    I'll give that to you if you come turbo my GS

:D

But then you wont knoe anything.. If somthing goes wrong you want to be able to fix it yourself.... Trust me.. Its a lot more satisfying to do the research and do it yourself.......

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    But then you wont knoe anything.. If somthing goes wrong you want to be able to fix it yourself.... Trust me.. Its a lot more satisfying to do the research and do it yourself.......
    x10000
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I was absolutely not being serious. I am very excited to turbo my GS someday. I've had a 4g63t before in my 90 laser and it was an amazing machine. I can't wait to make that happen and the learning experience along the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12