The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help installing rear door trim

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Help installing rear door trim

Hello,

I'm new to the forums, so I'm hoping this is the right place to ask for assistance. I just purchased a 2005 Galant GTS from a friend of mine and would like to repair a problem I inherited with the rear left door panel. My pal was T-boned at a parking lot about a year ago and had the damage repaired, but the mechanic did a shoddy job reassembling the interior. The trim gradually became unattached and one day, given an awkward pull, the plastic screw/hook that sort-of held the trim to the door itself just shattered. I know I need to buy this plastic screw/hook to attach the trim again but I've no idea what the part is called or where I can get it. I don't even know what it looks like, given half of it is currently missing. Anyone know what it is I'm talking about...?

Thanks,
    M

I have no idea whats its called but is that screw visible? Have you tried looking at the other doors to see if they have em? I dont have a 9g but hopefully someone here with one can help you find that piece.

I see a second one just barely. It seems to be a light blue plastic "pop rivet" type contraption. By the looks of it, it's not something I'll be able to find at Home Depot or anything like that, so I'm concerned as to whether I'll be able to repair it myself. I don't know if Mitsubishi shops can just sell me the parts or if I'll be expected to drop the car off. Thanks for the reply!

Edit: They look like these clips, only blue -- http://tinypic.com/egu9mq.jpg.
    Last edited by mliraved; 07-16-2009 at 10:56 PM

Oh those are retainer clips. Try going to AutoZone just look for the clips. You want one that has the same diameter so it will be big enough to hold or try calling the dealer and they will let you know if they carry them or where you might find them. Try googling retainer clips. I found this site but dont know how well those would work.http://www.thefastenerwarehouse.com/...age/568361.htm try AZ if not the dealer IMO.Good Luck