The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ultimate car accessory

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Ultimate car accessory

A friend of mine in australia has designed this.

Look carefully at the features.

http://www.ecudatascan.com.au/

I am currently testing it in beta form with a Mitsubishi 380/9G in australia.

blue8g
    dang that's cool feel free to send me one and i'll test it out on an 8g!

^nice try blue8g. haha. That is a cool feature. Give us updates
    "Our fears don't stop death, they stop life"

Its a cool concept but your friend isnt the only company who has made this product.

You guys probably seen the Magden, it was in Fast and Furious 4. It has even nicer looking interfaces and layouts. (google it)

HKS makes a similar unit called the CAMP 2.

Or you can get Evoscan ($25) and a laptop and display the same information and be able to log it too.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    Its a cool concept but your friend isnt the only company who has made this product.

You guys probably seen the Magden, it was in Fast and Furious 4. It has even nicer looking interfaces and layouts. (google it)

HKS makes a similar unit called the CAMP 2.

Or you can get Evoscan ($25) and a laptop and display the same information and be able to log it too.
    But that damned cable he sells is $137 and then the $25 registration for the software.

Banned
    EvoScan is better than anything, sorry, especially with CAN (Evo X) support. Colby works his ass of on that project, the least you can do is pay $25 for a license.

I wasn't saying the license was bad, I was saying that the $25 is not the only cost you can expect to incur.

That is, unless you already have a compatible cable.

the new 2.0 cable is actually $190. But it can supposedly flash 98+ ecus. I have not tested on a 99 galant but it works on my 99 gsx.

does this have to do anything with our 8g's? is this a usefull add-on to our cars?
    Last edited by keta11; 07-20-2009 at 01:27 PM
    "Our fears don't stop death, they stop life"

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    thats tight, wish i had one

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

do you know if there is a way to get it to read mph and fahrenhiet not celcius i know your in australia so you use that but i cant read that stuffs

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets985 View Post
    do you know if there is a way to get it to read mph and fahrenhiet not celcius i know your in australia so you use that but i cant read that stuffs

easy....just tell the unit you are in the US...

BTW I am not on comission, just thought it would be nice for you guys to see it.

It also plays mp3 and videos, from memory cards, much better than a stacker CD player.

Why have a laptop on the seat when a compact unit with suction cup can record your quarter mile times etc?
    Last edited by redblower; 07-20-2009 at 07:09 PM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by diablos991 View Post
    I wasn't saying the license was bad, I was saying that the $25 is not the only cost you can expect to incur.

That is, unless you already have a compatible cable.
    I'm sorry, but if you can't shell out $200 to tune your car, you need to either give up tuning or buy a fucking Civic.

Lets keep the topic on accessories that allow people to see their engine statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you can't shell out $200 to tune your car, you need to either give up tuning or buy a fucking Civic.
    I don't think he ever said he couldn't shell out the money. He may just see the price as steep as i do. But then again i've never bought anything to tune a car and its probably a normal price for that cable. Ill probably just try to find someone to tune my car once its finished, which will probably cost more then me doing it with buying the expensive cable :)

I do not know anything about tuning in the first place, but i would like to learn. Its just hard living in this area. There is NO shops that do tunes around here, ill probably have to drive hours to get to one.

The unit posted seems to be a cool little thing to have. I would definitely get one, but i would like to see one in person first to see what its full potential is.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    Lets keep the topic on accessories that allow people to see their engine statistics.
    ^^^^ enough said let us know how the test run goes on ur G and if it works out good

yeah lemme know how it works out

if it works right i would so wont one