The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 18x7 +40 offset will it fit

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

18x7 +40 offset will it fit

Found a good deal on some wheels just wondering if it will fit my car with no rubbing issues. Im dropped on megan springs in the front and the back is stock still.

18x7 +40 offset with 235/40/18 tires

blue8g
    i pretty sure it'd fit......only thing i wonder about is the width of the tires

first of all you need to drop your car evenly, second of all the wheels will fit just fine, the tires might rub in the rear, I'm running 235s and I've run 245s, but you need to do some fender massaging, so if you don't want to roll/fold/or cut your rear fenders, you'll need narrower tires.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

My Rota D2's are 18x8 with a +40mm offset and fit nice, but I have 225/40/18 tires. 235's might be a bit wide.

the width is what concerns me. i don't think you should be using that wide of a tire on that narrow of a wheel.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I know just didnt want to drop the back until i roll my rear fenders because i know my wheels on my car now is gonna rub

first of all you need to drop your car evenly,
    I would perfer 225 but the tires come with the wheels so dont wanna buy new tires. Im planning on rolling me fenders too.

They should fit fine. The wheel (if it is only a 7" wheel is really skinny and should have no problem clearing the wheel wells even with 235/40R18s. Though it is still a good idea to roll the fenders to be safe.

cool thanks everyone for your help...im probably just gonna pick up the wheels if they dont fit ill just sell them or get new tires

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yeah it all sounds OK.

I run 18x8 +35 offset and 235/40's all around. I cut/folded the rear inner fenders and just run some negative camber up front. Im dropped about 2" in the rear and about 1.75 up front. On a 7" wide wheel I would personally run a max of a 225 tire, the 235's will have the sidewall tapered in on an angle and look kinda "fat" on the wheel because they are a little too big. They will fit and all, but it might not be the look you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thats what im kinda of afraid of too....i dont want the tires to be sticking out from the wheels