The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing tweeters?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

Installing tweeters?

Basic 101? Run tweeter wires to my h/u wires for front speakers? Or do they have to run to the original door speaker wiring? I know i'll need a crossover of some sort for them or is the HPF i have on my headunit enough?

Experienced TGC Member
    I ran them off of the wires from my headunit that went to the front speakers.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You can wire them either way, as long as wires are connected. And yes you will need something like these... http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Pair-New-Bass-...3%3A1|294%3A50
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    it's not 100% the best idea to run them off the HU since you would be putting the load at a lower ohm rating. but if they are a component set then they will be fine but would be much better off on an amp either way.

Is this a component set you bought or just a set of tweeters? If you just bought tweeters just use the factory wiring that is already in place. If it is a set of components that you purchased than use the supplied crossover with the package and call it a day.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Was just going to buy some tweeters, and run the wiring, sounds like i should do it to my door speaker with the x-over. thanks

Does anybody know where I can get the tweeter covers that go inside the door by the mirror? I am going to add some tweeters but don't want to mount them anywhere else if i don't have to.

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by RayDub View Post
    Does anybody know where I can get the tweeter covers that go inside the door by the mirror? I am going to add some tweeters but don't want to mount them anywhere else if i don't have to.
    Try ebay and find some spare GTZ mirror covers.
    sig too big

Quote Originally Posted by RayDub View Post
    get them at the dealer, its a cheap part. part number are mr300113 and mr300114
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

Thanks a lot guys. I guess i'll order some since I have to get some new clips that hold the black trim on the windshield and goes all the way back to the rear window on the driver side.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    sorry for going off topic but ur better off buying new set of speakers then just buying tweeters
    I purchased some 6x9 PowerBass 210watt speakers but they don;t fit, too big. I'm tired of ripping the door and rear deck apart but whatever. I'll stumble across some good speakers later.
    Last edited by RayDub; 11-06-2009 at 03:08 PM

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.