The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clean Corner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

Clean Corner

Can I have use this technic to clean corner in 7G?? and also do I have take whole bumper off in order to take out headlights?

I am not sure how the 7g headlights come out but in the 8G you just remove the grill and just unbolt the bolts holding them in. What technique are you talking about? Bake method? When I cleared my corners I just removed the bulb and broke the corner to get it out but when I opened up my heads I used a hairdryer to open them up. Took me about 15 min each headlight to open up and then I blacked them out.

You don't have to remove the bumper to get to the headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by spardavr4 View Post
    You don't have to remove the bumper to get to the headlights.

Yes, you do have to remove the bumper to get to the headlights. The bumper has 2 bolts each side to the fender and 4 bolts to the nose panel/remove grills/. Headlights have two bolts each behind the bumper, and 2 or 3 on top to the nose panel

What i did was, after removing the headlights, i stuck a long screw driver thru the corner light socket hole and hit it lightly with a hammer trying to crack the orange lense. Do it many times till its completely shattered and try pushing the pieces toward the headlight body and pulling them out thru the bulb sockets
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

sry guyz i forgot to post link https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=8228 this technique

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Yes, you do have to remove the bumper to get to the headlights. The bumper has 2 bolts each side to the fender and 4 bolts to the nose panel/remove grills/. Headlights have two bolts each behind the bumper, and 2 or 3 on top to the nose panel

What i did was, after removing the headlights, i stuck a long screw driver thru the corner light socket hole and hit it lightly with a hammer trying to crack the orange lense. Do it many times till its completely shattered and try pushing the pieces toward the headlight body and pulling them out thru the bulb sockets
    this technique i was talking about! thanks! I removed bumper before when i was fixing my fender so i know how to take bumper off i was just wondering do i have to do it if i wanna take out my headlights , THANKS!

Thats on an 8G not sure if you can do it the same way on the 7g. I would think you can. Remove the corner bulb and see if you can reach the corner but I would pm mko or another member with a 7g. Good luck sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    edit: guess you found your answer.

and btw can i somehow get those bolts on he none panel without removing grills??? cuz i have those mesh grill glued with hot glue and silicone......

U can try going behind the nose panel and try to reach them with a ratchet, but IDK Ive never done it this way
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Oh my bad, I seem to remember someone removing their heads from a 7G without taking off the bumper. My mistake!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    you can go under the car and unbolt the 4 bolts on the frame. the whole bumper reinforment everything comes out all in one piece. Way easier than unbolting so many things.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

i dont really get the picture 4 bolts and whole bumper is off?

i pulled the whole bumper off to get to my headlights. and the baking method works awsome to get the headlights apart. 210 deg for 6 min is all it took. if all you are doing is removing the amber corner, do it this way. you can get it out and press back together before the silicone cools and only have to heat them up once.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr View Post
    you can go under the car and unbolt the 4 bolts on the frame. the whole bumper reinforment everything comes out all in one piece. Way easier than unbolting so many things.
    how do you get to the bolts with the bumper cover still on? the bolts for the crash bar on mine are under the cover. if you are talking about the 4 bolts for the headlights. it is a pain in the ass to get the light out with the bumper still attached.

idk how im gonna do it , for clean corners i guess i would just use flat screw driver but im thinkin about black housing

the black housing looks real good. check out the tutorial for it. 4-grim has some good pics of his on there.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=15179

i have a spare set for sale if anyone is interested :)

i guess i wrote this long ass tutorial a while ago for nothing

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=11090

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr View Post
    i have a spare set for sale if anyone is interested :)
    clean corners and black housing? PM ME PLZ

they are still on the car.heres the pix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast