The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: m-rod's 99 GTZ

Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Showing results 261 to 280 of 1078
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    exactly what I'm thinking soon. Just threw another stock 5spd in to get the car mobile again.
    Couldn't wait til spring huh??? So impatient! lol

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

waiting was getting annoying, and it feels good knowing it's fixed. The only problem is wondering how long it will stay that way.

oh. Matt, when it blew up I was going into 3rd gear. I think I launched it a total of maybe 5 times last summer. But either way, it left a decent hole in the case. I should have the picture up tomorrow.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

exactly what I'm thinking soon. Just threw another stock 5spd in to get the car mobile again.
    That is great to hear bro. I know the feeling. When my first trans blew, I made it my first priority to get the car running again cuz I couldnt stand myself not driving it even once a week.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

waiting was getting annoying, and it feels good knowing it's fixed. The only problem is wondering how long it will stay that way.

oh. Matt, when it blew up I was going into 3rd gear. I think I launched it a total of maybe 5 times last summer. But either way, it left a decent hole in the case. I should have the picture up tomorrow.
    hah, x2 on how long the diff holds up. I guess I don't get how others have turbo charged v6's and no trouble with launches. Ohh well.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Matt and Keith, are you guys still on stock mounts? Soft inserts in the trans and engine mounts can cause wheel hop. Wheel hop then causes grenading diffs.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Matt and Keith, are you guys still on stock mounts? Soft inserts in the trans and engine mounts can cause wheel hop. Wheel hop then causes grenading diffs.
    That I am. unfortunately.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Solid mounts help, but my MT still went. Diffie exploded and put a nice hole in the bellhousing. I wasn't launching my car hard either. The v6 5 sp, just like the EVO trans isn't indestructible. For me the painful and expensive lesson was: if you spend the money on something like a used trans or engine, do it right the first time and rebuild it. You just don't know how bad it was abused. And while you are in there... Once you go LSD, man, it's just a whole different animal.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Solid mounts help, but my MT still went. Diffie exploded and put a nice hole in the bellhousing. I wasn't launching my car hard either. The v6 5 sp, just like the EVO trans isn't indestructible. For me the painful and expensive lesson was: if you spend the money on something like a used trans or engine, do it right the first time and rebuild it. You just don't know how bad it was abused. And while you are in there... Once you go LSD, man, it's just a whole different animal.
    Any Idea how to rebuild the tranny? I didn't break my housing. I'm just looking for a transmission

So we don't jack this guys thread, maybe you should pm me if you want. Thanks.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

This is what I found sitting on the cross member, and also what was hiding above it.

Back together and running for now. I'll need to do it again in the Spring to replace the clutch since this stock one in there for now slips at half throttle. At least I don't have to push the car anymore, and I refuse to drive it in the winter anyway.
    Last edited by M-Rod; 12-05-2010 at 09:59 PM Reason: edited picture link

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Looks sad lol. Its saying I wanna go fast lol.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Any Idea how to rebuild the tranny? I didn't break my housing. I'm just looking for a transmission

So we don't jack this guys thread, maybe you should pm me if you want. Thanks.
    I think we are good. I didn't do it myself. Our 3g V6 MT trans shares guts with the one in the EVO. So any shop that is competent with building an EVO tranny will be able to do it for you.

Is the bumper getting painted Matt? I also can't believe the size of that hole in the case!

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I wish the bumper was getting painted. As soon as Spring rolls around it will be painted. I just didn't want the tow strap to destroy it. But then again, I did drive it home as pictured :-/

More goodies arrived from overseas today :)

I just have to add, the generic filters that look like the HKS filter on ebay are pathetic. I had one for a few months and it literally fell apart. The quality of this genuine HKS filter is 2nd to none. Definitely one of those "you get what you pay for" items.
    Last edited by M-Rod; 12-08-2010 at 08:25 PM

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    come to az and do my 5 speed swap lol. I cant wait to see the HKS filter installed, its sexy!

I wish! If it didn't cost so much to travel and take time off work, I'd be down.

Just updating that nothing has happened in awhile. The car refuses to start. If it doesn't start when the weather hits 60 degrees, a part-out thread may soon follow. Just a few more decisions to make before I figure out what I'm going to do. That is all.

What happened to cause it not to start?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

any codes?
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    what whatttt

Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast